Use Gmail With Your Own Branded Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesse

Gmail is the best. Might as well use it with your own domains. Receivers of mail will not see Gmail as your source of email.

1. Create an email in your cPanel/DA/whatever you use (example: jesse@mydomain.com)
2. Create a new Gmail account. You can use a current one also (example: jesse@gmail.com)
3. Create a forward from your step 1 account to go to your step 2 account (example: jesse@mydomain.com to jesse@gmail.com)
4. Login to Gmail
5. In the top corner click your email and select Account Settings then Settings beside Gmail
6. Under the Accounts and Import tab select the Send from a different address button
7. Add the name you want to appear and the email address from step 1 then click next and Send through Gmail (easier to set up)
8. They will send an email to that address. Go and confirm it is yours with whatever email account you used to set that up
9. Go back to the Accounts and Import tab. Under that button you clicked earlier you will see "When replying to a message:" select Always reply from default address and select default beside that.
10. You're done

Source: Me :) Just played around with it and found out you could do this

19 comments
To be honest, I never said it was new. I said I didn't know about it so I'm sure there might be others that didn't know. I thought it could only be done through Google Apps.

To be honest, I never said it was new. I said I didn't know about it so I'm sure there might be others that didn't know. I thought it could only be done through Google Apps.
Yeah ..You're right...Many people here might not be aware about that..:)

I'm already doing that from ages now because i just love gmail , so this guide is usefull for those who dind't done it yet.

I have put a different color label for each email i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back