Streaming Video Hosting - How to be a good one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToReRo

Hi all..

it's always been a puzzle for me how are these sites been operating... anyone out there care to spill out some info?

what hosting company? (a good off shore with lost of power and huge disk space)

what scripts are available? (seems like most of them are using the same script)

how are rates being determined? (Tiers)

ad network that supports this kind of sites? (Any review on any ad networks are welcome.. possitive or negative)

anti cheaters system? (how to obviously picked out those who manipulates stats)

dmca issues? (how to handle dmca compaints)

^^

hope this could be a start of a good thread filled with information to those who are also looking towards this road..

6 comments
I think Yetishare is a good script but it is a file exchange or file hosting script they have a plugin for video streaming just it will cost you around 150 dollars.

Hi all..

it's always been a puzzle for me how are these sites been operating... anyone out there care to spill out some info?

what hosting company? (a good off shore with lost of power and huge disk space)

what scripts are available? (seems like most of them are using the same script)

how are rates being determined? (Tiers)

ad network that supports this kind of sites? (Any review on any ad networks are welcome.. possitive or negative)

anti cheaters system? (how to obviously picked out those who manipulates stats)

dmca issues? (how to handle dmca compaints)

^^

hope this could be a start of a good thread filled with information to those who are also looking towards this road..

Hello,

YetiShare is a file hosting script that allows you to create your own file sharing site. We have a large variety of plugins available to add functionality to your site. In this case you would benefit from our media player plugin. This allows you to stream video and music files on your site. If you have any questions feel free to use our contact form or chat to me directly on the chat widget (Office hours 9am-5pm Monday - Friday London GMT.) You can visit our sites by going to any of the links to the left of this post.

Kind regards,
YetiShare

Last edited:
the script looks sweet.. and really interesting.. checked your plugins.. but didnt see anything that let's you allow members to embed videos? just like the current trend we are having now on video streaming hosts...

also.. are the link to videos dynamically generated? i mean no way of getting the direct link to play video and bypass ads on your playeR?

the script looks sweet.. and really interesting.. checked your plugins.. but didnt see anything that let's you allow members to embed videos? just like the current trend we are having now on video streaming hosts...

also.. are the link to videos dynamically generated? i mean no way of getting the direct link to play video and bypass ads on your playeR?

Thank you for the feedback :)

In regards to your questions, There is an option in the admin interface which is toggled to show embed code or not. You have a choice of hiding the file name in the url by replacing it with a short, medium or long hashed url. The shortest being 2 characters long, the longest being 32. For example one of the url's to your videos if set as a hashed url will be something like www.yourvideosite.com/230sdfsf37a420gvb.

If you would like to talk more personally then feel free to visit YetiShare and click on the chat widget (Office hours Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm London GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back