StopForumSpam - The ULTIMATE way to beat spammers [autopilot]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrill

Banned
Banned
Well howdy doo =)

Ever since I opened my first forum, I've always been bombarded with spammers.
This is just the way things are on todays internet - everybody trying to beat eachother by spamming sites like [ours] to hell and back, with the intention of promoting whatever bullshit site they're spamming everybody with.

Well this is where a new tool can come into play. To curb-stop spammers from anywhere in the world.

http://stopforumspam.com/

StopForumSpam has built a MASSIVE database of known spammer IP addresses, emails, and even usernames. When the bots try to register on your forum - They must not only pass the reCAPTCHA (that should be implemented on whatever site you have) - but they must pass the brutal StopForumSpam test. Within seconds, the registers' IP, email address & username are rushed to the StopForumSpam database, and is rapidly searched in their database to see if this is a legitimate user that is registering - or if its a nasty spammer.

StopForumSpam is crazy easy to install. I've only installed it on vBulletin - But I know its easy for any other webscripts they support:

phpbb.gif

vbulletin.gif

mybb.gif

punbblogo.png

php-fusion-logo.png

xenforo.png

elgg.png

symphony.png

ubb.png

pligg_logo.gif

ee.png

phorum.png

ipb.png

wlab.png

yabb.png

wp-2.0-button-small.gif

When this mod is installed - You are given tools that show logs of users that have either passed -or- been blocked by the StopForumSpam database -- You can even report users - have their IP, email address and username reported to StopForumSpam!

Official Site
Mod Downloads

I HIGHLY recommend EVERYBODY installs this mod - Together we can beat spammers.

Happy hunting B-)

4 comments
Well, I install it about year ago.
Really, this tool stops spamers.
But it stops and some good users also.
Sometimes I saw, that log contains "Registration allowed", but there is no new user in the forum.
So, I have a few new users per day.
Plus support for vbulletin is discontinued.

This tool is a step to stop a site, but... I still use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back