ShineServers.Com - FLAT 25% OFF, SSD Disks, LIGHTSPEED, RVSiteBuilder, MariaDB & more

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have GREAT Customer Service and I know I should do backups but its kinda hard to do backups when having a limited connection while traveling. But I must be switching over to a another company I can not loose any more data, I know these issues are not fully there fault but I cant loose anymore.

Dear Customer,

As you all know that we were having issues with the DDSRV1 node , the issue begin with an partition crash in our hard disk . Its been 3 days that our team worked upon the server day and night to fix issues on current server . But it seems as the partition got corrupted it as well corrupted the MYSQL Databases which caused loss of database tables and rows . What we were doing in these 3 days is only to fetch your data back from this corrupted drive so that we can let you up using our secondary drive .

But unfortunately , we are not able to fetch your data as everything is corrupted over that drives .

What now ?

We are making new node up and will be resetting accounts over there , but as we don't have your data then we need your data to start upon . Without backup you need to do a clean start .

When this process will start ?

We have ordered the new node already it will be up anytime and we'll start the processing .

Compensation ?

A 2 months free compensation will be given to all customers as this time its our fault .

Kind Regards
Shine Servers Support Desk
This is what I got :(

Better late than never.

Bharat, please notify if ip address changes for those who use own or cloudflare name servers.

Nothing will be changed , even the nameservers . I'll get the IP switched to this new server . Its been setting up hope within few hours it will be up and running you can send your backup files using ticket system, we'll help you to restore .

Thanks

Thanks for updates. I'm waiting for when the server is up to restore my sites. And also thanks for the 2 month compensation. These issues really come from time to time, but still thanks for working on it good to be fixed.

They have GREAT Customer Service and I know I should do backups but its kinda hard to do backups when having a limited connection while traveling. But I must be switching over to a another company I can not loose any more data, I know these issues are not fully there fault but I cant loose anymore.

You could've just backups stored to dropbox and similar services if you have a limited connection. And you could've also automated them.

and now it's official. all our work is lost and it was in vain.
I want cancel and refund!!! you are my worst experience ever!
no compensations can compensate for the loss.

Last edited:
It is not a way,how to manage a hosting site.
This is the second time in less than 6 months,that we lose all our data from your servers.Its so far from the secured server...Your host is only for peoples,who have time to backup their sites daily.

oh the joys of using hosts from WJ, i should learn my lesson and go with businesses that have been established for many years, not advertised on this site (as they don't need to)

We Offer:
FREE CloudFlare CDN: Blazing fast content delivery, extra optimization & added security
No Contracts, No Catch
Quality Hardware: Cloud Architecture / min 1GB RAM per Core / GigE Uplink
30-Day Moneyback Guarantee
99.99% Uptime Guarantee
Payments by Paypal, Credit Card, Payza, Liberty Reserve
INSTANT SIGNUP
LIE

Yea , it will be . For sure !

He said that everything would return and he lied.

seriously WJ should kick shineservers(wtf! Bharat is a "respected WJ member" lol)
I agree!

Last edited:
Note : as its already cleared that we are not going to respond any of the waste queries asked in this thread about the respected , its not been given on basis of hosting that we provide . Its the way too far beyond your understanding .

I request who are not related to shine servers kindly do not reply as it will be counted as waste spam or bullshit at our thread . Those people can get a life as pointing out mistakes is so easy as loosers do that , we do appologise for the problems you faced but that doesn't mean that we are responsible for your backup's . If your work is that so important then its another lesson for them who lost there websites .

Ontopic : New server is ready , we'll be deploying accounts within few hours .

arrogant. sure that our work is important to us. and who are you to give us lessons? I spent the hours, I spent money custom theme, the ads and you tell me a lesson?
When you will refund my?
View Ticket #335207

This is ontopic!!

selling false promises!
Why should I backup when you are
99.99% Uptime Guarantee

arrogant. sure that our work is important to us. and who are you to give us lessons? I spent the hours, I spent money custom theme, the ads and you tell me a lesson?
When you will refund my?
View Ticket #335207

This is ontopic!!

selling false promises!
Why should I backup when you are
Dude, you should calm down.
I know it sucks to lose all your work, it has happened to me many times before. But since then, I've learned my lesson and I take care of the backups myself. You should never trust any third party with your backups. Sadly, shit like this happens all the time in the cheap hosting world, and not only to Shineservers.

Most you are really pathethic you really are.

You moan, cause it goes down.
you demand its fixed asap
you want your backups
you want a new server up instead ( but moan even more, cause its all fresh )
you moan even more when your backups are not uploaded ( hell its not even there job to backup your shit )

If you want more, leave go elsewhere, pay over the odds or even buy a 2nd server yes a 2nd server just to make sure your lovely backups are safe, HELL, go buy a portable hard-drive and backup it and sleep with it at nights.

Backup safekeeping is like the public safety. We know the police there for us, but we still lock our doors before we sleep. Another precaution won't hurt much IMHO as long as you do it right.

That's OK, I understand. You all love the shineserver. I do not like. if I can get an answer to
View Ticket #335207 and you will not see or hear me here because shineservers dead to me.

All of you stay on shineserver and bekap your site every hour, I do not care.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back