sBorg.us - Install Tickets at $7.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why these guys not tell us before they missed are work on holidays if they said us before we guys arrange any replacement

Did any one let me know RDP or rapidleech which is better

Last edited:
Umm, I was in a training session the whole week and was staying back at my office - so no access to any sBorg or related service. Came home a few hours back.

This is the complete update that I received before things went down:

1. LeaseWeb disabled all the servers and did not provide a backup - the server bill was way over $1500 (I guess it was Euro, don't remember exactly) and they wanted us to pay the amount beforehand
2. Somik decided to halt the services for sometime and get a few things aligned before making any other move
3. The FB page was deleted as all the systems were down (again, I was just informed and received a notification on my mobile that the page was planned for deletion) - I think this was done to avoid the flood of queries, but I certainly don't understand the point of doing such a thing.

I did ask Somik to make an official announcement but looks like he wasn't able to read the message (I sent it over as a private message on the support site)

So, in short, yes. sBorg is dead right now and there are chances of it coming back - something like a zombie version?

Haven't spoken to Somik yet, will call him up and try to understand if the whole process can be moved at a faster pace.

Edit: The FB page has been set as "unpublished" - so, it wasn't deleted. (Just checked and wanted to let everyone know)

Last edited:
Hey, Just bring back the licence server (or start a new one) and continue with install tickets now!

We don't even have any alternatives other than sborg.

Last edited:
That's how it happened last time. Bring back the licensing server - the hosting servers follow and the trouble cycle continues.

I'm not saying that it is the end, but let me talk to Somik first to get his opinions.

then leave the hosting servers and continue with install tickets + charges for every update.

or

increase the prices according to bandwidth.

please speed-en up the things...we are stranded in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
Ah I'm not sure - if I remember correctly, we had a separate server for it (I guess a VPS) to make sure it stays online even if other sites go down.

Note that LeaseWeb didn't let us take any backup (and didn't provide any) before taking down the servers. I'm not sure when the last backup was taken (again, as that is not under my control)

This is just really really bad... All servers are gone and you may be without backups, crazy. If the project is dead, fine, but at least open source sborg so that everyone can continue use it.

^ Abhi didn't say there isn't any backups. There are backups but just not the latest one.

Main thing is definitely get the license server back up, but when would it be? Please keep us updated because if Somik is going to get busy again with other workload, at least let us know about it so nobody has to keep checking in to see if there is any progress or not.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll provide you an update tomorrow evening - when I get back home at around 8PM IST

Okay, spoke to Somik and understood the issue.

1. LeaseWeb formatted the harddisk on Jan 1st without informing us - so the latest backup is not available.
2. Last backup is 2-3 month old
3. Somik will get a VPS and host the licensing script on it soon - I'll stay in touch with him to get the progress
4. I'll have to manually add everyone's details (email/key combinations) to the database. For this, you'll have to provide me a screenshot of the payment.
5. For people who ordered hosting, I have two options:
a. I would provide you sBorg install tickets for that amount
b. The amount would be refunded (this would again be troublesome, but we can work it out)

Last edited:
Ok Halycon Thanks for updating Please make your site up and make license server online soon so we guys provide you proof on support

I think the site would take sometime - I'm not focused on getting it back online right now as licensing server is the priority.

You could PM me the proofs once the server is back online

Thank you very much for the info mate :)

Hope the licensing server comes online soon.

shall we send pm's right away or wait until server is online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back