Review: 2embed.org Free Api Auto Embed Movies And Tv Shows

mariuselll

The most comprehensive movie and TV show API

Looking to add movies and series to your website? Our API makes it easy to embed over 80,000 movies and 10,000 TV series. You can be sure that your visitors will always have access to the latest and greatest Movies and Series content.

Our API is easy to use and integrates seamlessly with any website. Simply start embedding movies and TV shows in seconds.

We do not use our own players, but we use APIs from other sites that offer APIs for movies and TV shows. We only gather them all together so that we have a choice.
Just enter IMDb or TMDB and the player will automatically appear with the option to change sources.
The same is also for TV shows. Simply enter IMDb / TMDB, season, and episode and done.
Once Imdb is entered in Movies or Series under the player, an embed code appears that can be retrieved. When changing the Server automatically, the embed code from that server is also changed.
How much easier can it be?
So please review the site and give your opinion, good or bad.

Last edited:
22 comments
Initial thoughts:

Very simple design after which you're also piggybacking off of an existing "brand" and customerbase which I imagine is malicious in regards to gaining traction as otherwise you'll go amiss like the other movie and tv apis that are out there. That been said you have an impression amount of sources and each of those sources have different options such as some have subtitles, some have multiple qualities etc, but this also leads to a very poor user expierence because now they have to go through them all to find the best one for them which is tedious and time consuming.

Upon further inspection:

Your API documentation sucks, it's not very fluid. Some links have e.php as a file path which could of been avoided if you just have index.php and then wrote out index pages, some you have series.php without the e.php why not just movies.php and series.php or lump them all into an index.php ?

The website design is really basic, it's just a background with a few divs on it, I imagine most of the work went into the actual player, but really you're just indexing or scraping links that already exist. As you've not scrubbed the players for ads and you apparently not injecting your own as a middle man, I imagine the service in general will probably last a month or two before it becomes more of a burden and just isn't worth your time no more rendering all sites using your service no longer functional.

Suggestions:

Spend a little longer on design make some of your own identity, using 3rd party players is fine, there's nothing wrong with that but what are you doing ? Something that already exists and you're not doing anything extra, add some of your own spice to it!

Initial thoughts:

Very simple design after which you're also piggybacking off of an existing "brand" and customerbase which I imagine is malicious in regards to gaining traction as otherwise you'll go amiss like the other movie and tv apis that are out there. That been said you have an impression amount of sources and each of those sources have different options such as some have subtitles, some have multiple qualities etc, but this also leads to a very poor user expierence because now they have to go through them all to find the best one for them which is tedious and time consuming.
These sources will be added in order. From the best to the worst. This will appear automatically for the user who uses the embed code.

Upon further inspection:

Your API documentation sucks, it's not very fluid. Some links have e.php as a file path which could of been avoided if you just have index.php and then wrote out index pages, some you have series.php without the e.php why not just movies.php and series.php or lump them all into an index.php ?

The website design is really basic, it's just a background with a few divs on it, I imagine most of the work went into the actual player, but really you're just indexing or scraping links that already exist. As you've not scrubbed the players for ads and you apparently not injecting your own as a middle man, I imagine the service in general will probably last a month or two before it becomes more of a burden and just isn't worth your time no more rendering all sites using your service no longer functional.
Api I don't think it's that bad, E.php is for movies and series.php is for series.
The design is simple, easy to use without many other navigations through the site.
I could use a temple like yours, but what's the point?

This site is just to help users have all the links in one place in one player. The advertisement is for those from every api.
The site will not fall, it will not last a month, 2. It doesn't consume resources, it doesn't bother me at the host. I don't mind paying for the domain.
In the future I will update with other sources.

Suggestions:

Spend a little longer on design make some of your own identity, using 3rd party players is fine, there's nothing wrong with that but what are you doing ? Something that already exists and you're not doing anything extra, add some of your own spice to it!
As I said above: This site is only to help users to have all the links in one place in one player.
Taking into account that the old 2embed no longer exists, being closed by those from ALLIANCE4CREATIVITY.COM, who will probably close your remotestre.am in the future. It's just that at the moment you are small on the market. (don't consider this a malice on my part, but it's just 100% true).
I don't host videos, I just display apis from other sites that offer this.

Back