Status
Not open for further replies.

Firecooler

Jennifer´s Husband
Premium Member
Hi folks,

our Project RapidVideo.com are optimized for 5 formats, but really low earnings. Recently we had problems with financing the service, because there not so much encoding servers to encode all 5 formats, someone want really to upload XXX site rips on the services with 10G uplink and no pateniece about the encodings.

Now that we putted the encoding limit of 10 videos at the same time per user, to stop non-sense massuploads... Some users don't want it and beg me to remove it, which i cannot.

So my idea:
Since this service are optimized for quality, it makes very different from many hosts here. So many users want just to earn big money and doesnt need all 5 formats. So my suggestion, i should make a new file/video host, but optimized in earnings, really no limits and do only 1 format which is simlear to 480p quality, but at least this new project can offer full 40$ rates, because the load on the encodings would be greatly reduced and so also the bandwidth cost too.

What do you think about it, guys?

8 comments
I told you that over 90% of streaming users don't care about the quality or that it has 30 ads/pop ads etc. They only want the file to be available to stream instantly it doesn't matter to them if it's only 480p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back