RapidPoints and RapidDonations to be discontinued

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing , hotfile is getting more populer day by day every where we see most of the links are on hf , i must say hf is in 1nd number after rapidshare , why katz not decided to fuck rapidshare and make hf on 1st ?

Rapidshares shite! it has download limits even for premium users!

I reckon hotfile will take over most stuffs on hotfile already and speedwise is moraless the same

Don't think this will happen.

Recieved this email today

We've noticed that your recent submissions to Katz Downloads include only Hotfile download links. Please note that for a high-rated web site such as yours, RapidShare download links are mandatory. Your are welcome to include download links of as many other file hosts as you like, but RapidShare must also be included as the primary.
We understand that you may be frustrated with RapidShare's recent decision to discontinue its reward program, however, note that it has also said that it is only
temporary and that a new rewards program will be available in the future.
You are welcome to continue submitting Hotfile and other download links, however, RapidShare download links must also be included.Not doing so will negatively affect your web site's rating at Katz Downloads.

Thank you and have a nice day,
--
Katz Network

one thing , hotfile is getting more populer day by day every where we see most of the links are on hf , i must say hf is in 1nd number after rapidshare , why katz not decided to fuck rapidshare and make hf on 1st ?

I assume you meant that Hotfile is becaming a shit everyday. You can't even leech from this bullshit.

Fuck rapidshare! Let's move to Hotfile, Katz must remove their rule for Rapidshare links as primary.

They also allow Megaupload links as primary. As Megaupload is the 2th in quality and popularity around the web.

Don't think this will happen.

Recieved this email today

We've noticed that your recent submissions to Katz Downloads include only Hotfile download links. Please note that for a high-rated web site such as yours, RapidShare download links are mandatory. Your are welcome to include download links of as many other file hosts as you like, but RapidShare must also be included as the primary.
We understand that you may be frustrated with RapidShare's recent decision to discontinue its reward program, however, note that it has also said that it is only
temporary and that a new rewards program will be available in the future.
You are welcome to continue submitting Hotfile and other download links, however, RapidShare download links must also be included.Not doing so will negatively affect your web site's rating at Katz Downloads.

Thank you and have a nice day,
--
Katz Network

They also allow Megaupload links as primary. As Megaupload is the 2th in quality and popularity around the web. [2]

Hotfile sucks for the downloaders.

True, MegaUploads reward system isn't better than RS's... but that's not the point. The point is to be equal to or better than what RS's used to be, and I think it's safe to say it's nearly equal. That only leaves downloader experience to consider, and in that regard Megaupload is much better than Hotfile. Also, Hotfile is relatively new and inexperienced, while Megaupload has been around for a long time and is run by a rich guy who's known not to shy away from troubles with the law.

I received this reply from rapidshare support. thought i should share it with you guys

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.

You are allowed to create a new account and use it for yourself or give it as
a gift to another person.

We apologize for any inconvenience. As stated in the news message from the
18th of June 2010, the reward programme as we know it will
be discontinued.

If you have collected enough Premium or Free RapidPoints we recommend that you
use the available features to either extend your account,
create a new premium account or to convert them into additional download
volume.

Please note that after the 6th July you will no longer be able to use your
Rapidpoints.

Unfortunately the upper limit for account extensions of 6 months can not be
lifted.

Due to a system change in the coming days you may be able to exchange
additional RapidPoints in the near future.
We will inform our customers though our news page or via the email address
registered in your account.

As it also states in the news message, we will publish additional to an
alternative reward program once it has been developed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Denny
RapidShare Support

The chances are many

1.New different reward program is coming so they want to wipe out millions of points uploaders already have

2.They want to decrement the benefit of uploaders thereby providing them direct sales

3.Copyright issues .Best thing they can do to remove copyright materials from their server is to stop the point system thereby preventing a permanent shutdown

This has nothing to do with Rapidshare wishing to wipe off points from uploaders and everything to do with legal proceedings. Do you think the two (very recent) so-called copyright case court "victories" proceeding the point discontinuation was merely coincidental?
Court: RapidShare AG not liable for user uploads
File hosting company wins appeals procedure (Oberlandesgericht Düsseldorf)
May 03, 2010 <--- first court case

RapidShare wins important copyright victory in the United States
May 20, 2010 <--- second court case in quick succession

Premium accounts will continue to exist after the subscription period has expired
May 25, 2010 <--- rapidshare preparing to discontinue the points system. you thought this was merely a kind gesture?

Reward programme: RapidPoints and RapidDonations to be discontinued
June 18, 2010 <--- now who could have possibly seen this coming? 8-)
Its fair to say this news has been a long time in coming. Copyright groups/holders know they can't beat Rapidshare purely on the basis that they inadvertently (yeah right) store copyrighted content on their servers, because they are protected by such things as the DMCA, and of course really expensive lawyers.

But I think its possible and even likely that these groups are beginning to take a different tact with Rapidshare, probably they are accusing Rapidshare of encouraging illegal use of their service by rewarding it. And this is only worsened by the fact that the reward points are not removed when the illegal files are reported/removed. Rapidshare has no valid defence for this, because unlike monitoring files, the removal of reward points when necessary could easily be automated.

So has this been a victory for Rapidshare as they claim? Of course not, but I think it would have been necessary. Rapidshares biggest competitor is not hotfile/megaupload, but themselves, their own ginormous size, it makes them a bigger target and more susceptible.

I'm sure Rapidshare will do as they say and bring back the rewards scheme one way or another, either that or accept defeat and die, but don't be surprised if the rules are much stricter than what they once were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back