Status
Not open for further replies.

supertoon

Hello.
I have a website with adult comics with around 20K visits per day and can reach easily 300 to 400 simultaneous users.
Now I'm paying 49$ for a server with 4Gb RAM, 300 Gb disk and unlimited Bandwidth, but my server say to me that my site has more than 4k requests direct to appache because of the big amout of images that i have stored in my website (300 user seeing comic with 20 images each is 300*20=6000) and they want me to increase the RAM or strore the images in other place. The amount o money for a server with 8Gb of RAM is to high for me, what is you suggestion?

Thanks

7 comments
I want to thank you all, after instal Nginx my server performance increase exponentially. For example right now I have more than 400 simultaneous visits and my RAM is under 30%.

Better solution was to install nginx in front of apache for serving static content, it would be much more effective

Definitely best solution. Nginx as a front end proxy for apache, to serve static content is a way to go.
Especially if webservice is based on popular content management system utilising php and rewrites method.

But isn't it easier to add an external caching system, like for example memcached ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back