Question about SEOing Categories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith

Alright guys so I'll just give you few examples, I think most of them are good but I could be wrong so please correct it for me.

Let's say my website name is onelinkmovies.com (it's not, just example).

Which URL format would suit my website best?

1. onelinkmovies.com/category/download/dvdrip/id_moviename.html
2. onelinkmovies.com/category/dvdrip/id_download_moviename.html
3. onelinkmovies.com/download/dvdrip/id_moviename.html
4. onelinkmovies.com/dvdrip/id_download_moviename.html
5. onelinkmovies.com/download-movie/dvdrip/id_moviename.html
6. onelinkmovies.com/movie/dvdrip/id_download_moviename.html

Are just some of examples. Shorter better? Any comments are welcome.

Regards,
Smith

23 comments
As what I know, Google loves small URLs. So I'd prefer to go with

onelinkmovies.com/download/%postname%.html

I wouldn't add "movie" in the URL as the domain itself has that keyword :)

Yeah exactly my thinking. So I shouldn't include anywhere type of release? DVDRip, R5 etc, also what about IDs?

Thanks for reply BlaZe

Well maybe not the word category, but I do recommend putting dvdrip or whatever, else the urls will look almost all the same, e.g.
onelinkmovies.com/1_download_harry_potter.html
or
onelinkmovies.com/2_download_harry_potter.html (say you have 1 dvdrip and 1 TS version)

Yeah true, I can't decide which one to use because they all have their advantages and disadvantages.

It would be good to inform google that it's a dvdrip category for example: onelinkmovies.com/category/dvdrip/, should I also include download and id along with movie name? But then again it would be long ass format...

Dunno what to do :|

Alright, lets be clear.

You'll have to first decide, for what keywords do you wanna stand out as #1 in Google ? if its "one link dvdrip movies" then you should have this structure : onelinkmovies.com/dvdrip/%postname%.html

If you want to rank for "one link movies download" then replace dvdrip with download.

I may not be 100% correct, but this is what I know. I'm still learning SEO :)

You cannot dominate for every keyword :( there are compromises which you'll have to make. So select the keywords and work on them. Also note that it takes months for the changes to take effect.

Yeah I know, me too. But general idea would be to get high rank when someone google "moviename 1 link download". I don't want to stop there tho, also targeting keywords such as "1 link moviename dvdrip" would be very good.

I see, alright I think I'll go with domain.com/dvdrip/id_post.html one.

Is there difference between domain.com/dvdrip/id_post.html and domain.com/id_dvdrip_name.html?

I see, alright I think I'll go with domain.com/dvdrip/id_post.html one.

Is there difference between domain.com/dvdrip/id_post.html and domain.com/id_dvdrip_name.html?
Ofcourse,

• domain.com/dvdrip/id_post.html -> provides easier navigation for new users.
  • domain.com/id_dvdrip_name.html -> too much messy.
For browsing, do onelinkmovies.com/category/dvdrip
For the posts, do onelinkmovies.com/dvdrip/id_post.html
Yeah, good idea :)
Yeah I know, me too. But general idea would be to get high rank when someone google "moviename 1 link download". I don't want to stop there tho, also targeting keywords such as "1 link moviename dvdrip" would be very good.

Hmm...

As far as I know your site will be having the download titles with those tags right ?
Example :
Under the Mountain (2009) BDRip x264-SHiTTy

So the URL structure of the above post would be
domain.com/download/under-the-mountain-2009-bdrip-x264-shitty.html

Here you'll get both the keywords, download as well as BDRip

So, adding download tag would be nice :)

Cant you have a pre-mede prefix title??you use the shortest one and in the title auto add 1 Link Movie..

like site/postname 1 Link Download.

I'd consider whether you want to SEO categories at all. On my blog I specifically exclude TAG and CATEGORY pages from sitemap.xml because I found that google would index the tag/category but not the post itself, or the post was found to be less relevant and displayed farther down the list of search results.

This lead to users clicking on my link in the google search result only to be coming to a page that was not completely relevant to what they were looking for. Personally, when I search I don't want to visit the site just to have to search again because I didn't land on the post itself.

i think it should be
1. onelinkmovies.com/category/download/dvdrip/id_moviename.html

As blaze said you will be getting following keywords -(download,dvdrip,moviename)
most people search using such keywords...so it will be better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back