PC vs Mac Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krack3r

The PC v.s. Mac debate in a nutshell

>Mac computers don't crash like PCs which crash all the time
owned a PC for 7 years and it has never crashed while my brother has a new Mac which crashes about every other day.

>Macs don't need 4gb of memory because they run fine on only 2gb
Well that literally means your Mac is less powerful than a PC retard

>Macs are user friendly
Only 10% of all computer programs, cellphones, tablets, game devices, keyboards,webcams, mouses and charges work on Mac. Unless it was produced by Apple then it most likely wont work. While PCs can run all programs and connect to any of the items I said before plus a PC can emulate a Mac so yo can use Mac devices and programs.

>Macs are less expensive
Look up any Mac with the same specs as a PC and then go cry :'(

>Artists prefer Macs
That's great but most people that own Macs and say they're "artists" are really hipster fags. Most artists actually use PCs in order to calculate measurements of how they are going to create their art

>Macs have itunes and garage band
PCs also have itunes and garage band on the other hand is a pile of shit compared to other music creator programs. What you really should be doing is learn an instrument and record that. You can do that on both a PC and a Mac so don't use that as an argument because you're a lazy fuck.[trollface]

>You can send pictures to a Mac from your Iphone
I don't have an Iphone, I have an Android. I do have an Ipod touch generation 3 but since that went out of date in less than a year because Apple released a new version it can't do much. I do like it but mostly because I jailbroke the shit out of i and now I mostly watch movies on it.

>PCs are prone to getting viruses
Every computer gets viruses, including Macs. Every computer needs a virus protection service, including Macs. The only way for you to get a virus is by being stupid enough to download it, disable your internet browser from telling you it's a virus, disable your virus protection service from telling you it's a virus,
disable your computer from telling you it's a virus, and then running the program like a complete dumbass

>Macs are gaming computers
[meh] good one sport. Not only can most games not run on Macs but Macs can barely play the
damn game because it's less powerful. Wait aren't you the same guy who said that Macs only need 2gb of memory? Well then you might as well kill yourself because your not fit for this world.

>I prefer a Mac because I'm a college student and Macs are more education friendly
No.

>But they are
No they're not. Unless you're willing to spend hundreds of dollars on Apple certified programs that help you learn more then they aren't.

>I don't look at the price, its all about stability for me
Macs are less stable. Also congrats on wasting money.

>They are simple to use and reliable
Simple? Yes. Reliable? No

We already answered that.

WE ALREADY ANSWERED THAT!

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

Is that your only arguement because it has already been proved faulty and I'm petty sure you don't even know what that means. As long as Apple says it's true then it's always right. Right?

source >> 4chan

Last edited:
70 comments
Honestly, I'd use both.

Mac has some awesome coding programs, interface and good apps (for things I use) in general for me, personally.

But, getting MAC now after having 1 PC Desktop and 1 PC Laptop would be just wasting money. I'll probably get Mac too someday.

Get what you feel comfortable working with and stop bitching.

That simple :)

Your argument is BS and you seriously have no idea what you are speaking of. Yes Macs do have some downfalls, but mostly it's better.

>Mac computers don't crash like PCs which crash all the time
owned a PC for 7 years and it has never crashed while my brother has a new Mac which crashes about every other day.

Using Mac since 2 years and thats the times my Mac has crashed. Using a PC simultaneously for 36 months and that's the times it has crashed.

>Macs don't need 4gb of memory because they run fine on only 2gb
Well that literally means your Mac is less powerful than a PC retard

Less powerful but more optimized to perform heavy tasks. That's common sense.

>Macs are user friendly
Only 10% of all computer programs, cellphones, tablets, game devices, keyboards,webcams, mouses and charges work on Mac. Unless it was produced by Apple then it most likely wont work. While PCs can run all programs and connect to any of the items I said before plus a PC can emulate a Mac so yo can use Mac devices and programs.

10% work on Mac because most people and developers don't develop for Mac, reason they are not that common all over the world.

>Macs are less expensive
Look up any Mac with the same specs as a PC and then go cry :'(

I agree here, they are more expensive. But it's software is cheap. Mac OS costs just $30 while Windows OS costs around $200.

>Artists prefer Macs
That's great but most people that own Macs and say they're "artists" are really hipster fags. Most artists actually use PCs in order to calculate measurements of how they are going to create their art

That's your opinion. Thankfully world doesn't think like you.

>Macs have itunes and garage band
PCs also have itunes and garage band on the other hand is a pile of shit compared to other music creator programs. What you really should be doing is learn an instrument and record that. You can do that on both a PC and a Mac so don't use that as an argument because you're a lazy fuck.[trollface]

Macs come pre-loaded with such good apps while PC comes with Internet Explorer shit.

>You can send pictures to a Mac from your Iphone
I don't have an Iphone, I have an Android. I do have an Ipod touch generation 3 but since that went out of date in less than a year because Apple released a new version it can't do much. I do like it but mostly because I jailbroke the shit out of i and now I mostly watch movies on it.

So what are you trying to say here? Where's PC here? It's not Apple's fault you are on outdated product.

>PCs are prone to getting viruses
Every computer gets viruses, including Macs. Every computer needs a virus protection service, including Macs. The only way for you to get a virus is by being stupid enough to download it, disable your internet browser from telling you it's a virus, disable your virus protection service from telling you it's a virus,
disable your computer from telling you it's a virus, and then running the program like a complete dumbass

Are you f**king kidding me? Mac hardly gets a virus. Hardly anyone uses an Anti-virus for it. Google Mac antiviruses and you will have hardly known names, you know why? Because there's no demand for them.

>Macs are gaming computers
[meh] good one sport. Not only can most games not run on Macs but Macs can barely play the
damn game because it's less powerful. Wait aren't you the same guy who said that Macs only need 2gb of memory? Well then you might as well kill yourself because your not fit for this world.

Agreed over here

>I prefer a Mac because I'm a college student and Macs are more education friendly
No.

Yes they are better. Educational pricing, several education apps. It's battery lasts longer than any other Windows laptops. What good is a laptop with no charge in a classroom?

>But they are
No they're not. Unless you're willing to spend hundreds of dollars on Apple certified programs that help you learn more then they aren't.

There are tons of free. Learn to google

>I don't look at the price, its all about stability for me
Macs are less stable. Also congrats on wasting money.

No they are not stable. Did you buy like a 5 year old Mac from ebay?

Simple? Yes. Reliable? No

Again, Did you buy like a 5 year old Mac from ebay?

We already answered that.

And I proved you wrong

WE ALREADY ANSWERED THAT!

​And I proved you wrong

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

You are simply repeating your question and giving a stupid answer to it.

Is that your only arguement because it has already been proved faulty and I'm petty sure you don't even know what that means. As long as Apple says it's true then it's always right. Right?

Please stop.. you make me cry :rofl:

EDIT: I don't say Macs are completely better and Windows sucks. Both rock in their own ways, I use both the platforms daily.
It's just your argument is completely invalid and you sound like a 5-year old who had his Mac crashed and are venting our your anger by posting this.

I'm happy to see both Windows and Macs sales declining. Both have far to many faults which is why nobody will win this debate. This is all about which sucks less.

i wouldn't want that myself, it looks horrible...

have a windows dekstop and apple laptop btw :)

Why pay for outdated specs?

outdated specs?

my desktop has

AMD A6-3670k
16GB RAM
4x500GB HDD
Windows 8

Not sure about the apple laptop, its old, but runs like new :)

why buy new, when old runs exactly like new? if its not broken why fix it? you wouldnt change your tv everytime a new one comes out, or your car? why change your computer?

Last edited:
Why pay for outdated specs?

outdated specs?

my desktop has

AMD A6-3670k
16GB RAM
4x500GB HDD
Windows 8

Not sure about the apple laptop, its old, but runs like new :)

why buy new, when old runs exactly like new? if its not broken why fix it? you wouldnt change your tv everytime a new one comes out, or your car? why change your computer?

I was referring to apple they sell outdated parts, they were still selling the HD 5770 for the Mac Pro until earlier this year, when it was a vastly outdated and even underpowered card in its generation for video editing.
Because the more powerful a computer is the more you can do with it, its good to upgrade every so many years.

Now That a real lie because I own a mac and a pc, mac been whit for like 2 years now and NEVER crushed, pc on the other hand been using for year and it always crush I mean ALWAYS crush

Sure it pricey sure not every game works on it

But it sure better then pc

MAC's are just far too expensive. They have their ups and downs. MAC's can get virus's, MAC's are actually easy to hack just like linux, depending on the user's security.

PC's are good for games i would say but that's about it. A lot more people use them for comfort as this is what they are used to. People don't like change... well the mass majority don't anyway lol.

I use Windows for every day stuff as its just easier and cheaper to buy a PC. I use Linux for anything i want stable and to have a good uptime. I.E - FTP, WebServer etc.

MAC always take the lead in specific use of designers, but also from complete PC in design is complete in all other aspects of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back