Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here Jesse. I'm surprised WJ went with Dominic over other better designers.

lol really ? Dominic created some awesome theme which are overused on VB & that shows how good his work is. I am saying look wise not "optimized" type shit

Plus the Original live theme would not look as bulky as one might think. To me its not bulky though

What's wrong with Dominic design? I like his design I can't wait to see the new theme keep up the good work admins

Nothing is wrong with Dominic's designs. I don't want to say anything bad about him because truth be told, he's a great designer. He gets crap for so many sites using his skins, when that just means people like them. It's not his fault. Other people say all his skins look the same. But if they'd just look at the code, and look at all the images and really see, they're all totally different. Every designer/coder has his/her style. Dominic just has that kind of style, and I have to give mad props to him for making it work the way he does.

Now, I said all that because I have to agree with shiver on this one. Granted you can't judge it much by a simple tiny screenshot from the whole thing. But, Dominic's styles work great with warez sites, with other sites, as well. But for a website like this one, it has to be more professional looking, more sleek and less bulky and pop-up looking.

From the looks of that screenshot, I see a hint of his signature stuff, but stuff like that doesn't fit a Webmaster Forum, being this is a Webmaster Forum if some people forget. It's been looking more and more like a FileHost/Troll Hangout lately, hopefully that changes soon.

But stuff like this;

YKsb9.png

Doesn't fit a forum like this.

But like I said, no disrespect meant for Dominic, he's an awesome designer.

Last edited:
I don't dig the the whole "color overlay" crap thats been going on recently in themes.

vtbLo.png

See how there's a darker red then the original red when selecting and such?

Drop shadows, plain 1 color overlays, 2 things that are a no go. The rest seems like something to get used to. You guys shouldn't do that, making people change DRASTICALLY how the browse the forum. Meh, then again, change is good.

Oki so here's the thing the new skin would be here along with the old one . There would be a choice for a selection between them.

As For The Skin Being So Bulky The Theme isn't finished yet if it would have been finished u would have been seeing it . Its still under development you have some suggestions post it up here . If the suggestions can be implemented they would be implemented in the course of time :)

When we introduce the new theme, this one will only be available for a week as we want all users to use the new theme.

lol really ? Dominic created some awesome theme which are overused on VB & that shows how good his work is. I am saying look wise not "optimized" type shit

Plus the Original live theme would not look as bulky as one might think. To me its not bulky though

Yeah, they're overused on warez forums. Not a regular webmaster forum. I'm not saying his skins are bad or anything, but as Exel said, from the preview, the theme doesn't look right for a webmaster forum. The theme looks very bulky, and the navigation the top looks huge. In my opinion, it would be a better idea to get a professional designing company rather than just 1 guy doing the whole thing.

I like the new design.. for me Nav-bar is very good idea.. Forums are always having some dumb user panels.. Which make forums boring.. I am happy that they sticked to the sexy Red =) . Its really clean and neatly arranged and its being adapted to new style of Web.. I am just excited to see the new design live<3

There isnt a rule that webmaster forums must be in specific format. Its a new change and users must be ready to accept it :)

-Keep up the good work Staff, Specially Admins.<3

Dom does great design work imo, How ever you guys just be prepared for the new theme to be for sale in the market place for $125 within a week Luls, Rippers

Very nice from the looks of it , i really like the colors upon it but personally i have a few suggestions but that i can't say now as this only shows a portion of the skin as to Exel's post i agree with it 100%. We can't really judge until we see a full preview on it. I do wonder how everything else will look like :)
Just saying this as a designer point of view; can't wait to see it live though, hopefully they'll be a beta test on it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back