Status
Not open for further replies.

M

Administrator
Staff member
Hey,

If we were to introduce a new skin, what type of features or additional modifications/plugins would you like to see?

There are tons of members on this board with brilliant suggestions however not every suggestion posted will be implemented if we decide to introduce a new skin.

So please post away your suggestions!

188 comments
Honestly, nothing on vB will get much better than what the current skin is. If we were still on the fence about switching to IPB, I'd suggest everything from the Pulse skin by TomChristian.

Honestly, nothing on vB will get much better than what the current skin is. If we were still on the fence about switching to IPB, I'd suggest everything from the Pulse skin by TomChristian.

We're not moving away from vBulletin. We'll have both this skin and the new skin available for use so if you don't like the new one you can always stick to this one.

get rid of the "city" in the logo. just my opinion.

... and im sure everyone wants the mobile theme added.

If we introduce a new skin then there will be a mobile theme introduced a long side with it. If we introduced both what would you like to see? I'm sure most of you would want to use the chat box on the mobile skin but apart from that, what else? Try suggesting for both the forum skin and mobile skin.

New Skin should be of light colors, and but a little bit of dark to and a new logo to and saprate ranks for Designers Coders Something like that.

And a new header to ;)

This is need in the new skin :D

-light colors,
-probably Blue color preference
-logo the present one is great. so the same logo

Many GFX guys out there on WJ, have seen Allsolo's work he is great, probably hiring him and custom designed theme. Sounds good! (y)

Last edited:
smooth color wtf that... no dark..becouse this discuss forum

and minimise plugin for make board more faster to load and post

Last edited:
Make the advertisers use something other than flash for god sakes! I suggest something other than the boring skin this one has. I don't mean go getting all crazy with the background by any means but just staring at that dull gray and the white just gets old after awhile. Maybe go darker but not too dark as that could hurt the eyes as well.

Make it more modern. I mean i've seen some pretty sweet skins that were a lot more stylish. I myself had one that never got used because Flash sucks donkey balls :/

I mean look how pretty this thing looked! http://i.imgur.com/LQOTY.png

Hm upgrading to IPB would be a huge step forward for this site seems like an odd decision to just throw it out of the options bin alot of the skins for it compared to vb's are really sleek and just damn pixel candy

I dont really care what skin we change to as long as
1. Its not designed by anyone on here who sells $2 logos
2. Its not this damn skin tired of it now its so old

A light/bright coloured skin, the skin should be very light in weight that would help load fast.

Current WJ skin is little heavy for my gprs connection :(

i dont have any qualms with the current theme. Its so elegant and cool. Only thing is that, i'm bored of seeing this same theme all the time :P
I'll try to get a skin designed by myself. (PSD) asap. and have member's opinions on it ;)

Keep the change minimal but still have noticeable change.

Very simple example of this:
reply.gif
Glossy is out, Soft gradients are in.

What I don't want is a whole entire change in the WJ color palette. Keep the red somewhere, its what makes WJ noticeable, just what Google has the Blue yellow and red in their letters. Its like a trademark.

And obviously, get that mobile theme, like seriously, its 2012!

Something with light colours and simple. Nothing will be better than what we currently have tbh. I'd say update this current skin with some new buttons, chnage to fluid/make it wider, better looking navigation + breadcrumbs, new header design, more soft gradients, etc. The little tweaks will make a big difference.

Lets go more sexy . A nice eco and light theme would be great.
Light colors and soft gradients with slight glossy look , would be awesome!
A new innovative logo would be amazing (y) .

Current Postbit layout is awesome and i love it!
Hope you guys enhance it more , with new theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back