Dedicated Need a dedicated server to run a already established image hosting website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyuk1984

Hi,
I'm looking to move from my current host for something a little bit cheaper.
The main reason why I'm thinking about moving is because the website currently takes roughly 30 seconds to load 'more images' (when you scroll to the bottom)... and it's just not running right. I have a feeling that the server that I'm currently on, probably isn't the correct spec.

I'm running the Chevereto image hosting script.
Currently have 2.8 million images uploaded.

Hotlinking is allowed, and my website's bandwidth is approx 3 - 4 TB a month.

I'm currently using about 1TB of space.
I would like regular backups to be run if possible, or have some sort of RAID configuration if one drive fails.

As far as managed / unmanaged goes....

I think all I require is for you to migrate the whole website including database / files etc over to the new server.
Optimise the hosting platform - nginx or whatever for the best possible performance.

The site pretty much just runs itself, so once it's set up and running, there's not really a lot of maintenance required.

I guess I'm just looking for a fast and stable server so that my users don't have to wait 30+ seconds for their profiles to appear.
Look forward to your quotes.
Thanks

P.S. I'm currently paying USD 200.00 per month. (Approx GBP 130.00)

Last edited:
7 comments
When i search on Your site, i think your php script is made the way that it loads full size images, that is why it takes long time to load i think. You should fix the script to optimize images / show them as thumbnails.

You saying that even user profiles takes alot of time to load, im not a member so i cant veriffy this.

If you need cheaper server, i can offer You one for $130
In this price, You will have server with 2x3TB HDDs in RAID 1 + i will provide You another 2Tb storage on remote server to have secondary backup. Also i will setup the Nginx webserver so your website is as lightweight on the server as possible.

Please PM me if i can help.

Last edited:
Hi,

You need SSDs for faster load times, Here's our offer.

E3-1230, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD + 2TB SATA, 1GBIT PORT, 50TB Premium Bandwidth @ 95$
We can manage the whole server for you at just 30$/Month.

Add me on skype "vinsgpt1"

P.S: Price can go down, Just add us on skype and we will help you through.

Best Regards
ServersSoft

Last edited:
Without having looked at your site, I can offer the following semi-managed server:
4x4GHz Intel CPU, 32GB DDR3, Unmetered 1Gbit port (500MBit+) with the following:
1x100GB SSD for the website, webserver, mysql
2x4TB SATA in a RAID1 for your images.
110USD per month.
Price includes basic management and installation of a server control panel, apache, nginx proxy, mysql, dns & mail.

Last edited:
Thanks for all of your proposals so far.
I'll leave this topic open for the next day or so to see what other offers come in, and then I'll start contacting a few of you to make arrangements.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back