My Site Got Hacked by Stupid Hacker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say this issue is also related to outdated software in scorpio server. They are running php 5.2.13 (latest 5.2.16) and probably some outdated 2.2.x apache (latest 2.2.17).

Kernel is old too. 2.6.18-164.15.1.el5.028stab068.9 #1 SMP Tue Mar 30 18:07:38 MSD 2010 i686
Latest stable from kernel.org: 2.6.36.2 - 2010-12-09

-.-

I don't get why people don't update their kernels. Just one simple command.
Code:
yum update kernel

They are not laughing about you, but your host.

Actually i am, but not because they got hacked, but because they are calling the hacker stupid. They was using a host that was to stupid to update anything and didnt give a fuck, and they also didnt see to bother with even looking to see what exactly they were hosting there site on... and they call the hacker the stupid one?

Guys pay attention to your damn host... or else yes you really are the stupid one.

It has nothing to do with a WP plugin. Once when the server gets rooted it's hard to find and remove all backdoors. Considering your host doesn't even know how to update a kernel, I doubt they are capable of removing backdoors. Your data will never be secure unless they reformat the server and hire someone to do security properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back