Status
Not open for further replies.

monsterhunter32

We have a website that allows users to upload unlimited number of video's to our platform so that they can embed our HD Video Player onto their website to play it. (Common Reason: Server Costs & DMCA issues) My question is in your opinion what would be a good max video upload size be for movie website?

Background
*When we started we specifically targeted users with anime websites who uploaded anime episodes and thought that 2GB video file limit would be sufficient.
*Now we have some users who own movie websites and think that 2Gb is too small
*Personally I think 4Gb Max may be sufficient, but I'm looking for feedback from other owners of movie websites.

PS-> If you want to know more about our website send me a PM, we don't post url on open forum for obvious reasons.

8 comments
Thanks for your helpful feedback as always. We will increase it to 4Gb probably by tomorrow. Enjoy!
IDK is it just me or everyone else also but going to each files to copy links are kinda long . If we could have a function where we can select all and hit "export links into embed links/html" that could be better for uploaders .
It is just a thought .

Hmm...That's actually a pretty good suggestion, especially since some members have big video libraries. My only question is where would you want the embeded links to go? We could have it exported to notepad, word, excel, or something else. It would have to be something all users would most likely have. We could probably put an icon or something next to the very first check-mark on your video library which if clicked will allow you to delete every video that is check marked as well as export the embeded url's of all video's check-marked.

Special Note:
*We've decided to alter the the video-player so that mkv video's will convert to mp4's upon upload. We've found that mkv video's sometimes don't play on browsers other than google. We are first going to test to make sure it doesn't extend upload time too long. Also we are going to try to make it only covert mkv video's and not other video extensions like avi, .flv, and wmv ect...so that their video upload times remain the same. We plan on improving the up-loader overall to make it faster as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back