Status
Not open for further replies.

Tɦɛ Gʀiɱ

http://www.ehackingnews.com/2013/05/liberty-reserve-owner-arrested.html

Jonathan Capistrano who contacted LR about the status of peoples funds was told that they will not be closing down but are taking a break and that LR will be back "new and better" and finally said that funds will stay there , with no reduction or increase in value.
LR faced a similar problem on 4 Aug 2012 and the site was down for around 4 days. People thought LR was gone forever.

LR got up for some ips and those people were able to login to LR.
mwtkf2c.png

UPDATE :

It’s down but it’s site itself when checked is active. LR owner was been arrested due to a fraud that he’ site created. As you can see the name servers are been changed to
ns1.sinkhole.sh adowserver.org
ns2.sinkhole.sh adowserver.org

Shadow server is used by the US Governments to seize a website that has did an online fraud. Basically, Liberty reserve is based on Costa Rica and US can’t do anything because it’s out of their juridical, so they contacted Costa Rica police etc. to cooperate with this and give them permission to do immediate action on this problem. They have been watched by the US Government since 2011 and they took action now. About the explanation I got from an LR staff.

They will not close Okay? It’s not true that LR got hacked, they said they are just taking a break of what happened back there. LR will be back with a new and better. They will not CLOSE , your funds will stay there, no reduce no increase. It will just stay.
please don’t pass wrong information please

Liberty Reserve will be back on 1st June.
Its a confirmed news.

Last edited:
61 comments
Getting different news everywhere. Some say owner's arrested, some say its hacked, and some say simply its servers are down.
Well whatever it be, I would be glad if it returns, not just to retrieve the little money I had there but because it was truly one of the best and popular payment gateway.

LR gone for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The owner has been arrested. In case none of you noticed, the domains point to sinkhole.shadowserver which is typically used by the feds when they seize domains.

And the news posted in the OP is false/not verified.

The owner has been arrested. In case none of you noticed, the domains point to sinkhole.shadowserver which is typically used by the feds when they seize domains.

And the news posted in the OP is false/not verified.

If it was seized by FBI, then how is blog.libertyreserve.com working for some IPs.

Doesn't mater if you had a brain you would never trust a company that has done something like this.

It's not anyone's mistake(or lack of brains in your words) to trust that company, no one knew this is going to happen, or the mess that the owner was in, most of the people used it simply because it was popular, safe, secure(its login protocols were quite different from its rivals, it was better than PayPal itself!).

Many popular and reputed companies(and people) go down all the time, it's a shame you didn't use LR.

That is polite.

A company is accused of money laundering, the company has your personal information, excuse me personal information of millions.

If it does come back is it safe ?

I mean seriously, Use your brain. Whos not to say your personal information is not looked at if there laundering millions of dollars in cash.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

/edit, Not implying that anyone here does not use there brain im just saying in general.

LR was down for 4 days continuously last year and everyone thought the same thing. When will you guys realize that the owner gets a shit ton of profit from the site. There is no way he is gonna give it up ever.

Well this time it's different. In none of the previous cases has the site's DNS ever changed to sinkhole. While I commend you for believing in a fantasy, I have to say the chances of the site coming back are slim to none.

WOW !

liberty reserve blog is back guys, it was down for me since yesterday.

liberty reserve site also shows green ssl but not back yet.

but now i have lot of confidence that it will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back