Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeokat

Well... i´m tired of win RDP, Linux VPS, RL, etc... because all of them soon or later fail, sometimes support, sometimes overloaded server, sometimes they run under DDoS, sometimes they are upgrading hardware, sometimes they are sleeping... ggggrrrrrrr ..... then i´m thinking into buy a dedicated from kimsufi (2G server) because is the unique affordable for me.

And i will love if someone share his experience using this server to upload/download from some filehostings like uploaded , letitbit, etc... i appreciate if someone can write any review about some upload/download speeds.

I have clear that this server series runs with 100Mbps port, and we know the max speed that it can reach, but we know that sometimes this speed can´t be 100% exploited for different issues like location, conectivity, etc... thats why i need to know reviews of some upload/download speeds.

Hope that someone can help me, and i´m sure that this help more people.

Thanks.

15 comments
Rar/Unrar will run like into a SATA disk... no more... no less... and with one user not should suck too much, RDP are unstable, and RDP from wjunction most of them are crap...

@Desi_Boy: i know how to manage a server, is like a VPS but resources not shared....

Rar/Unrar will run like into a SATA disk... no more... no less... and with one user not should suck too much, RDP are unstable, and RDP from wjunction most of them are crap...

@Desi_Boy: i know how to manage a server, is like a VPS but resources not shared....
If you only do every one a time, maybe two a time then 2G plan is good! Or if you want to multitask fast! Like, unrar a 1.4GB file while you're downloading something in torrent (or seeding) and then opening a web browser at the same time. You will start to notice the slowliness for a server with Celeron. BUT if you wanna have a trouble-free experience, I think the 16G, i5 one is just very much enough for 1 user! But then again, it's extra EUR 20 a month.

And there's a 5 TB BW cap for 2G and 10 TB BW cap for 16G, unless you buy from .com.

What can i say LEVAC109, better put 10 mins uploading something than wait 48 hours until hosting administrator have enougth time to fix problems on RDP, VPS, etc...

At the same time 5TB is enougth for me, i not plan to use torrents. Only rar/unrar and upload using filezilla and/or zoom uploader, its all. I think that the server is enougth but need to know speeds....

What can i say LEVAC109, better put 10 mins uploading something than wait 48 hours until hosting administrator have enougth time to fix problems on RDP, VPS, etc...

At the same time 5TB is enougth for me, i not plan to use torrents. Only rar/unrar and upload using filezilla and/or zoom uploader, its all. I think that the server is enougth but need to know speeds....
You're right. Being your own admin is the best thing and yes 5 TB should be very much enough for a single user.

About speed, you will get 100mbps and sometime you will get more :)

managing a dedi is very complected , if you have no experience . which will later cost you

better go with a reliable rdp provider.

dude, maybe you always was looking for cheap rdps or vps. otherwise if you had a quality vps before you would not need a ded at all ;)

@m107: and can you say me where can i buy a quality VPS for donwload/upload?

@gfxguru: if you don´t know how to manage a dedicated server not means that is very complicated. As i said i already managed servers bymyself (linux and windows) so that not will be a problem for me.

@m107: and can you say me where can i buy a quality VPS for donwload/upload?

@gfxguru: if you don´t know how to manage a dedicated server not means that is very complicated. As i said i already managed servers bymyself (linux and windows) so that not will be a problem for me.

sure, how much bw will you need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back