How's the Streaming / Watch Movies, TV-Show Sites Doing Lately? Webmaster Come To Rant?

momomesh

hi guys,

left the movies streaming industry since 2019,
it's been four years and I see a halt in the grey area business as I don't see any big contender other than the usual fmoviesz etc on the net rn,

how are you guys doing it?
are they even making any $? since google will fry your A$$ once you get any traffic naturally.

just wanted to have a good chit-chat after being away for so long!

35 comments
sometimes you just gotta think is it worth all the hassle doing the cat and mouse hide n seek from the DMCA just for an extra few headaches. When the rates were good it was worth it, now since it's going down and if you know what you're doing with traffic (know how to convert them to $$$) it's really not worth the effort doing.

Like I said, UNLESS you know what you're doing and for those that know what they're doing, they will not share their methods as usually it'll get copied really quickly.

Right, i been building normal websites lately, with Google Adsense, it can earn more, if done right, cause legit ads brings more $$$.
Yeah, I mean if u focus on your niche long enough you'll eventually get somewhere even if it's not huge, you don't have to worry Google change something and bam all your hard work is gone!

you don't have to worry Google change something and bam all your hard work is gone!

Don't worry, Google have their own ways of fucking you over. A Google update where suddenly you lose 90% of your organic traffic, them banning your AdSense account for some random reason, etc. While you won't directly lose what you've built, the end result isn't much different.

The only way around that is to actually create your own revenue source. For example by selling stuff. Think software, services, building a SaaS, and so on. And guess what? Low ad rates mean it's cheaper to buy ads to advertise these things. One man's problem often is another man's opportunity. You just have to recognize opportunities when they're in front of you.

Don't worry, Google have their own ways of fucking you over. A Google update where suddenly you lose 90% of your organic traffic, them banning your AdSense account for some random reason, etc. While you won't directly lose what you've built, the end result isn't much different.

The only way around that is to actually create your own revenue source. For example by selling stuff. Think software, services, building a SaaS, and so on. And guess what? Low ad rates mean it's cheaper to buy ads to advertise these things. One man's problem often is another man's opportunity. You just have to recognize opportunities when they're in front of you.

^ This, proving just movies and shows is no longer viable, provide something different, whether that's something simple like a far batter user experience, or a completely new experience which is SaaS. People aren't going to really move away from the big few sites because why would they ?

Let me go to this site, which already pretty much has everything with ads, or go to this new site I've never heard of which still also has ads anyways ?

I moved away from movie sites themselves and made my site which is SaaS because I believed it filled a none existing gap, offered enough of a spin on existing services and was still movie and show related.

Thats correct, its why i am planning to build a website about selling services, instead of earning from ads. For ads, it is too much work to profit ratio.

I think selling services is making money easier in long term.

Last edited:
My team and I have been working on streaming sites since 2012, and earnings have remained consistent. While CPM has decreased, traffic has grown year by year. Back then, 10k traffic was equivalent to what 100k is today. Additionally, the competition is significant these days, which may contribute to the perception that it's not as lucrative. However, top keywords still generate some nice revenue.

I would assume "working" means you provide the "services" to these sites instead of being the site that links to the movies. Everybody has their own sauce. You're a level above the food chain making your much more stable. Good move btw!

Now days uploaders are not making $100+ a month they are only making $15 to $30 the reason why nobody want to download stuff at 50kbps to 100kbps. People download everything now from Usenet or Torrents. I pay $8 for a Usenet account and a indexer and I max out my 1Gbit connection.

Now days uploaders are not making $100+ a month they are only making $15 to $30 the reason why nobody want to download stuff at 50kbps to 100kbps. People download everything now from Usenet or Torrents. I pay $8 for a Usenet account and a indexer and I max out my 1Gbit connection.

On the flipside I don't download anything, I only stream. Downloading is mostly a waste of time for me, why wait a few minutes to download and then watch when I can immediately watch ? I do however download 4k rips of stuff I genuinely want to watch and then yeah it's usually just torrents.

During the process of change I also found the big players took the "subtitle" and "dubbed" route where they niche out their sites whereby they target high paying cpm countries with their dubbed movies and tvshows.

On the flipside I don't download anything, I only stream. Downloading is mostly a waste of time for me, why wait a few minutes to download and then watch when I can immediately watch ? I do however download 4k rips of stuff I genuinely want to watch and then yeah it's usually just torrents.
If your fine with streaming videos that are 480p to 540p quality ok then. If you have a 32"+ monitor 480p and 540p videos look awful. With hard drive price being so cheap you can get 2 12tb hds for under $500 then you have enough space to download a lot of 1080p and 4k videos. I am using a 43" LG tv as monitor 95% of the videos I download are a 1080p and 4K never any lower. Watching a 480p video on my computer is like I am setting 15 to 20 feet away.

If your fine with streaming videos that are 480p to 540p quality ok then. If you have a 32"+ monitor 480p and 540p videos look awful. With hard drive price being so cheap you can get 2 12tb hds for under $500 then you have enough space to download a lot of 1080p and 4k videos. I am using a 43" LG tv as monitor 95% of the videos I download are a 1080p and 4K never any lower. Watching a 480p video on my computer is like I am setting 15 to 20 feet away.

A lot of streaming platforms are at 720p at least no-a-days, but yeah I only have 27 inch monitors so 720p - 1080p is fine for me, then I have an 84 inch TV in living room which is when I'll download.

Back on your original comment on downloading at 100kbps, I never understood why people do that, 99% of it is just reuplpaded torrents anyways haha

A lot of streaming platforms are at 720p at least no-a-days, but yeah I only have 27 inch monitors so 720p - 1080p is fine for me, then I have an 84 inch TV in living room which is when I'll download.

Back on your original comment on downloading at 100kbps, I never understood why people do that, 99% of it is just reuplpaded torrents anyways haha
Yes this claim to do 1080p 4000 to 5000 bitrate which is really 720p

Back