How to block spam countries from website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flow123

Hello guys, I had a question hope you guys can help me out. My website lately does get some excessive amount of traffic (real users tho) but they are no good for my website, tending to break down my online services. Now my question here is, does anybody maybe know how to get rid of these kind of people from my website? I wanted to know how to permanently block these countries from my website/server, any tips on how to do that? Appreciate the help, thanks guys :)

4 comments
There are now user friendly sites that do much of the work for you. I’ve not commented on the freshness of data – you can check this on the individual sites.
My favourite is countryipblocks.net , which in addition to its lists identifying which countries originate most spam also offers a great range of formats for its country listings

If you use CSF you can block countries easily. Thats what i used to do. Now i have a script that checks RBL's for bad IP's then blocks them. Don't want genuine people that being able to access your website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back