How Ad Networks can «steal» your income: all tricks and methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdSpyglass

Hi everyone
I was looking through different threads and notices that there are pretty much posts about ad networks frauds. Unfortunately.

I've recalled that recently we've created a post about tricks and methods of deceiving used by major ad networks.
I'll leave the link here and leave a few text paragraphs. Hope it will help you to realize those shenanigans and protect yourself.

Why Ad Networks may be dishonest​

We don’t want to intimidate you or create the illusion that all Ad Networks are just waiting for the opportunity to deceive the client. The truth is there are good Ad Networks that help webmasters to monetize the websites, and there are bad Ad Networks that may use you for their own gain. A healthy lifestyle requires learning about junk-food to avoid it, the same if you want to be a successful webmaster, you should learn how unfair Ad Networks can spoil a website. And then choose to work with Ad Networks or mediation services that honestly help to maximize monetization of websites without losing regular visitors.
There are several ways Ad Network can increase their income in secret from the client, but they all have the same feature: the network can manage ads and statistics. The Ad Network gets this opportunity if the client places the Ad Network JS code on the website. In fact, by inserting third-party JS code on the website, you give control of your site to the owner of the code. There is nothing to worry about if there is trust or personal agreement, but you should not blindly rely on honesty when working directly with the advertising network.

You’ll be frauded just as much as you allow it. In this guide, we analyze the main methods of fraud, how this can affect your website and how to discover and prevent it.
Also, you may ask any related questions here and I'll be glad to answer them...

4 comments
so my question would be - If I wanted to add some smaller ads on my xxx blog what would be the best choice?
- No popups
- Prefer Dating ads or XXX ads.
Hi there. I'd recommend to try banners, native ads, and in-page pushes. All of them quite "small' ones, but cooperating with a good vendor can result in a good income.

In case you're curious about some specific Ad Networks, I'd recommend these: ExoClick, Hiltop, AdsTerra.
But, you should also consider that your income may vary because of geo diversification.
That's why the best option would be to test all of them and find which one works for you. Or, to use them together simultaneously.
Post automatically merged:

Normally i do not talk in other threads than my own but this time i had to. You use so much "nice" words when talking about ad networks. Truth is only one thing i saw while working with AdspyGlass was less earnings than at ad network directly.
Hello. We're glad that we've managed to start a dialog with you. :) As the saying goes, truth is born in disputes, right?
We're using a bunch of "nice" words, that is correct. But the real sense of these words is just to highlight the identified risks and help webmasters minimize them. Being aware is a first step of prevention.

Therefore, this is not about promotion. We're sorry to hear that your AdSpyglass experience wasn't perfect. I'm sure we might discuss your case privately, find out the reason of the issues you've met, and fix 'em to increase your profit. Let me know If you'd like to do it. :)

In this thread we'd like to help webmasters avoid network's tricks. Btw, is anybody here who also faced some of these issues?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back