Hotfile, 1000 Users and PayPal Named In Piracy Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with zenica.
10 years ago I spent endless hours couriering shit between topsites, didnt even have time take a piss because I was afraid I'd miss a race. What I got from it was access to the latest releases and a very fucked up social life. And I almost forgot, maybe most important of all.. to see my name in the iND weekly mp3 courier chart. I can really use that in my cv.

I rather pay $10 a month to download everything I want. Can someone explain why sharing like p2p is better? Is it more noble? It's still pirated material, stolen property right? Bottom line we're all thiefs, we don't want to pay for the shit.

About Hotfile, I think they are dead. Someone else will take their place.

I agree with zenica.
10 years ago I spent endless hours couriering shit between topsites, didnt even have time take a piss because I was afraid I'd miss a race. What I got from it was access to the latest releases and a very fucked up social life. And I almost forgot, maybe most important of all.. to see my name in the iND weekly mp3 courier chart. I can really use that in my cv.

I rather pay $10 a month to download everything I want. Can someone explain why sharing like p2p is better? Is it more noble? It's still pirated material, stolen property right? Bottom line we're all thiefs, we don't want to pay for the shit.

About Hotfile, I think they are dead. Someone else will take their place.
You sir, fucked my mind.

Also, zenica, It fucked up the scene by inviting a bunch of greedy uploaders who upload fake shit to earn some money. I for one am tired of downloading a movie 3 time to find out its an entire different movie. A while back I wanted to download Unstoppable, and I ended up downloading 3 fakes before finally getting the real one. I downloaded the three fakes because they were the top three in TPB.

Think of it this way: HTTP filesharing with money is like LIMEWIRE (With a lower risk of viruses, but a higher risk of CP)

well the only one thing you mentioned is contra "paying for upload"
is something I agree with - although there is not so many fake uploads as you say - compared to real stuff - (I know because I download everything I upload)
and downloading fake Shi..ts can very easily be avoided by using common sense : download from trusted uploaders (500 or more posts)
or trusted places (blogs that do not allow outside posts or forums with good mods teams) - always see comments on topics - do not download DVDRip version of famous movies if it was released yesterday or wasnt even released yet ...... and a lot of more
but I guess this is realy enough - everything else is pro

so your only argument drops if you just use common sense

I bet you were trying to download "unstopable" a month before it was meant to be released in theatres - lol

@Zenica, totally agree with you, I do not download from any source unless is trusted, also, The pirate bay is full of shit, lots of top uploaders give garbage quality.

I think they went way overboard with their banning measures.

All they needed to do was act on complains and take down the corresponding files.

Instead they deliberately chose to put the hammer on their uploaders, who are the very reason leechers pay for premium subscriptions.

We'll just see how long that'll work out for them.
I'm not supporting them any longer, that's for sure.

so what?
they close hotfile and then other file-hosts will pop-up.
they don't know that a pirate will never stop and will find another way for sharing even without any file-host!!?
they must stop these childish acts.

my acocunt got shut down today. made alot with HF. had 1.4tb uploaded. nevermind. all files gone, luckily i post mirrors of everything and they're still up
they paid me first though which was curious.

so what?
they close hotfile and then other file-hosts will pop-up.
they don't know that a pirate will never stop and will find another way for sharing even without any file-host!!?
they must stop these childish acts.

Interesting...
Tell me this, if you are to release your music album and you find it on RS, MU, HF, torrents, etc... Would you be happy?
Or if you have spent years programming some software or game, and some1 just uploads it to earn 1c for 1 download?

of course not... but you dont have knowledge to do anything like that, or even know how to make a first step
You'll just write bullsh*t on forums and think how smart you are with earning few bucks a month.
They have every right to sue and remove that content, and if they wanted to be serious about that, believe me, you couldn't do the damn thing, some1 else maybe could, but you... never

Really i think this whole file-hosting scene is a bunch of bullshit. P2p in many cases is a lot faster, free, and non restraining. I know im gonna get shit from this comment too, but all uploaders that are uploading are a bunch of effing idiots, get off your ass and go get a real job that pays legit money. I know that there are some semi-legit uploaders out there that are actually uploading to provide downloads for there for there website or something, but still there really isnt a whole ton of money in the warez scene >.> i mean yeah theres hosters and stuff but thats a different story.

I too hate hotfile. There are plenty of other servers out there that do not delete links all the time. They have a short life on hotfile. I left them for other servers that are even better a while ago. I do not miss them at all.
Narutoroot if you get reamed for that comment than I will hold your hand. I firmly believe true warez is free. Why try to make money off your users when you get the program for free and worse yet offer it as a free app or something. I am sure some disagree, but really people. it's really about quality, not quantity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back