Hotfile, 1000 Users and PayPal Named In Piracy Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have claimed on RapidShare, RS can won anytime...
Hvnt heard much about HotFile so, dunno....

Lets see the outcome...
Ps. I dont think they will seizes the Paypal assets of HF or domain..

who cares if they close hotfile or not simillar thing was with rapidshare anyway when one site goes down there is always new one to replace it :P

Nothing gonna happen,They found 1000 s of IP which downloaded "HURT LOCKER" nothing happened.They can't do anything to uploaders neither to PayPal. Paypal just doing a business,Hotfile takes no responsibility of people uploading piracy media.
They clearly have a abuse department.So people can report who owns those files and pull them off servers.
RS went legit,But still people uploading movies and other media on their servers.
This case was booked just for money. I know hotfile wont go down,but hopefully they won't do anything stupid like RS did.

1000's IP's/users. Bullshit ,this is not p2p so they can find out IP's that easily unless hotfile leaked them to authorities. :P

They want to seize the domain because if you file an injunction to have it shut down prior to the case, they therefor lose tons of money anyway.

well , i think HF will be legit like RS (Not Paying Uploaders) i wish not .
let's hope that they got good lawyers , they can call me :P .

Who didn't expect this? Everyone knew that as soon as HF gets popular, their ass will be on the line. It was really a matter of when the authorities notice them and take an action.
Hotfile will win this case as the prosecuting company doesn't look like a big multinational( i can be wrong though). But when the big players go after hotfile, they will remove their payment scheme sooner than later. If RS can go down, anyone can

Guys its not d vegetable market that every one come and kick Hf like this.

When Hf can pay $$$ to uploaders , So Cant they win this case huh?

Common guys its time to use mind instead of making useless replies ;)

Just wait and watch Let c what happen next.. I m damnn sure they will win it if its real news ;)

Naturally they'll win, rapidshare also 'won' all its cases( emphasis on won), but they had to go legit. From being the top host, to nothing. They weren't even giving the uploaders anything, just the ability to get free premium.

HF, FS, BS, FSC and all the current hosting sites PAY uploaders to upload copyrighted content. You cant expect them to do this forever, right?

Thats what happens when you promote your site as "UPLOAD FILES TO OUR SITE AND EARN XXX PER 1000 FILES... You dont see megaupload or RS going places announcing that they pay uploaders to upload.......

Naturally they'll win, rapidshare also 'won' all its cases( emphasis on won), but they had to go legit. From being the top host, to nothing. They weren't even giving the uploaders anything, just the ability to get free premium.

Hotfile on the other hand HF, FS, BS, FSC all PAY uploaders to upload copyrighted content. You cant expect them to do this forever, right?

Yes they will win it :)but here r many ppls which dont use mind and just for increase d post they make useless replies :))
Dont forget that Hotfile delete very fast files which r against DMCA :)
I hope Hotflle will be more strong in future :)

Yes they will win it :)but here r many ppls which dont use mind and just for increase d post they make useless replies :))
Dont forget that Hotfile delete very fast files which r against DMCA :)
I hope Hotflle will be more strong in future :)

I Hope USA seizes there domain

* awaits the bashing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back