Hotfile, 1000 Users and PayPal Named In Piracy Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is best if you use something else in download links. Say The Town (2010), you could use Archive.City.Yourwebsitename.rar and then upload to filehosts. Otherwise you are the responsible for copyright action. You account will be deleted as well as your files too. It's better if you use number say "Archive.G0155.rar"

So, It's reallly bad news. I didn't hear this news before. Currently I am not uploading that much to hotfile. But who the hell are Liberty? It's all about money. If hotfile spends money to this Liberty then Hotfile will definitely survive.

I remember the days where wj was flooded with threads to make hotfile a top 2hosts. Today a single court case turns it all around.

Now if you get a camera and film a video of yourself or whatever. You decide to upload it to hotfile instead of YouTube, it still can get 1000+ downloads and you can get paid. I for one use filehosts for legal uses all the time. It's a great way of file transfer.

So let me get this straight:

800 infringed work x $150,000 = $120 M ?

That's not so bad.

But I'm pretty sure other companies who have a grudge with hotfile will chip in or open their own cases against it. If they gather a significant amount of petitioners then hotfile is fucked.

I will rejoice when the day Fileserve goes down :D

i think i could be in their 1000 users list

this is the email i got today from hotfile the account had more than 10TB of data all hd movies now all is gone :(

Account Termination Notice: Your account has been terminated due torepeated alleged copyright violations.
If you believe that any claim that your account has been used for infringing content is not accurate, you may submit a counter-notification.
See our Intellectual Property Policy
Code:
http://hotfile.com/ippolicy.html

i have 2 hotfile accounts and other account is still active but it has only 1tb of data so all my hard work is gone in vain !!!

they could temp suspend the account or block access to files temp.

edit : let's wait for the outcome of the case who knows they will unsuspend our accounts if they won ? fingers crossed :D

I really do not understand how paying for upload ruined scene

Before that (paying for upload) I had to wait for half an hour after the (lets say) tv show ended
to find it on one of the biggest boards - now I wait 1 to 5 minutes till it is
everywhere (you dont even have to search hard for it)

same for rare events (sporting in particular) it was a pain in the ... to find
now you can find every f....ing event that has any audience very easy

pirated movies were going for up to 5 dollar for one on the street
(speaking for Balkans and I am sure it is prety same in the rest of the world)
now they are lucky if they can get 0,5 cents

torrent invitees were going for up to 25$ now if they get 5$ for one
they kick themselves in the ......

etc..

most important I had have to pay for one premium account "big" money
for one premium account and hope that someone will upload there
everything I need - now I have various premim account earned by uploading a few things from time to time

will now someone care to explain
How the f.... paying for upload ruined the scene
(unless you were the one selling torrent invitees or CD on the streets)

The only thing that bothers you is that now someone earns from you
downloading stuff and you just can not live with that - is that right?

if you are normal you just would not care for that as long as you have what you need
as fast as possible

But I seriously don't understand why it's they are getting told off.
Surely DMCA should just send emails for takedown then they take the file off etc. Nothing is illegal about that... they are mega retarded if they don't understand making a file-host site WILL have copyrighted material on it only because ANYONE can upload to it.... FFS copyright sucks ass. use file-hosting sites in russia next time.

finally the antipiracy got some brain and sued the filehost instead of the sites which have just the links to the filehosts. lol clap clap they figured it out in like... 4 years? :O

we will see what the future brings. ;)

Last edited:
Saying reward ruins what? ,is like saying sharing is illegal, lol.

I already deleted all my files from Hotfile, luckily, they were that much, i wonder how much files were deleted this past few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back