Status
Not open for further replies.

accyuklad

Banned
Banned
I am Constantinos Coudounaris, Chief Executive Officer of HostRail. I have some unfortunate news to announce tonight.

---------------------------------------

On Friday 24th June 2011 our Providers have informed us of a 60% upcoming price increase that is taking effect from the 28th June 2011, this was an extremely short notice for us and completely unexpected - as small of a short notice as it was we had to take action immediately in order to be able to continue providing service to our clients, i have had meetings with every single HostRail Staff Member as we needed to take a decision and we have taken our decision which is provided below.

Due to the current economic crisis that is affecting all companies in the planet we are unable to deal with this 60% price increase using our currently approved budget for 2011 and we are unable to approve a further budget for 2011 at the current stage, this means that we will be forced to pass on this 60% price increase to all clients as of tomorrow evening. Tomorrow evening we will be sending Invoices to every single customer with the 60% price increase, unfortunately this price increase will have to be paid by Tuesday morning so we can cover the 60% price increase our providers are asking.

We have tried all possible alternatives and solutions however the only solution is to pass this price increase in full to our customers, this is not something i want to do, this is not something i like to do, this is something that i have fought for 2 days now to try to avoid at all costs however its not on my hands anymore so i am unable to do something more.

i bet loads will leave:O

dont know how they can charge 60% lol and there servers are shit anyway

16 comments
lol dude, you almost tried every host on the net don't you?

You:
Order --> Test --> Request Refund xD

When do you find a host that suites you?

i dont have a vps with them just showing people how bad they are after 60% is greedy

i did use to have one with them and refused to refund

Stay on topic, thread cleaned.

@OP
Looks more like a scam to me then a legitimate issue. A 60% price increase by their suppliers and their budget was not flexible enough to account for misfortune? And with the way things are now, switching providers is not that big of a task. They could absorb the 60% increase for a month, meanwhile switching over providers to go back to the old pricing. Sure, they'd sustain a loss for a month, but at least they wouldn't lose customers.

In their TOS they state:

Code:
HostRail reserves the right to change the monthly payment amount and any other charges with a 30 day notification of such changes.

So yeah they aren't allowed to do it. They only gave us 2 days warning.

Stay on topic, thread cleaned.

@OP
Looks more like a scam to me then a legitimate issue. A 60% price increase by their suppliers and their budget was not flexible enough to account for misfortune? And with the way things are now, switching providers is not that big of a task. They could absorb the 60% increase for a month, meanwhile switching over providers to go back to the old pricing. Sure, they'd sustain a loss for a month, but at least they wouldn't lose customers.

Well said. :)

At least it's slightly relate to hostrail regard the increase in price.
Since, 123system claim that limestone didn't increase the price plus some other minor information.

lol dude, you almost tried every host on the net don't you?

You:
Order --> Test --> Request Refund xD

When do you find a host that suites you?

You are wrong. What he did is :
Order --> Test --> Complaint --> Create a thread on WJ--> Delete the Thread that just been made --> Request refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back