HostLower.com - Unmetered 1GBiT Windows and Linux VPS - from €10/Mo (US/FR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway. Other thing to be aware before you guys order from 100TBh. Semi S servers doesn't have 2GB of ram. You will get only 1.5GB of ram. Semi L doesn't have 4GB of ram, has only 3GB. And Semi XL doesn't have 8GB, has only 6GB. I don't know about XXL server, because I didn't ordered one. Danny will telly you that rest of memory is reserved for video (Seems like Danny plays Fifa 2012 or other advanced game on our servers and needs 2GB of video memory - of course this is a joke). WTF? Who uses video card on a server? And why Danny is setting up servers with lower memory without ASKING? I tell you guys... Because many of us will not observe that "some" RAM is missing and like this he can heap more people on machines. Another lie... Danny, if you write down all your lies, you need 100 toilet papers LOL :D

@Danny

Did you really tell him that's reserved for video? You told me that's reserved for disk cache. You also told me you can allocate all memory to my guest system if I insist but my system will become unstable.

Which one is true? reserved for video or disk cache?
Please clarify it.

--

As for network speed, I don't have so bad experience like other members. I usually download files from RapidShare and upload them to Hotfile (Lemuria, USA), MegaShare (Choopa, USA), ZippyShare (OVH, France), Sharpfile (FDC, USA), RyuShare (OVH, France). Although uploading files to Hotfile can only reach 1500 ~ 3000 KB/s per connection, using 20 ~ 30 connections can reach 20 MB/s easily. Due to virtual disk's I/O bottleneck, using more than 30 connections often make the upload speed lower. Uploading files to the other 4 file hosts can easily reach 5 ~ 8 MB/s per connection. Uploading files to RyuShare and Sharpfile can be up to 15 ~ 35 MB/s; with 3 ~ 4 connections I can reach 60 ~ 80 MB/s. I'm satisfied with it.

PS. All units described above are MBytes/sec. My system is Windows 2008 R2 Standard SP1.

Last edited:
Hi,

We use VMWare, from there we can allocate memory to the video card, I am unsure why but under extensive testing this has improved disk IO. I am unsure why, I have contacted VMware about this with no reply with any substance. Either way it does increase the speed of the VM. And yes we can always allocate the full memory if the user requests this, but is very rarely happens.

Each VM has over there memory once taking into account VM overhead etc, so we are not overselling.

Let me know if that clears things up.

Thanks,
Danny

any review of the "semi-dedicated"/vps?
the semi-dedicated its a vps, right?
its fully managed?
the vps is kvm, openvz or xen?

hi bro. i want rdp system to upload files at extabit. i am new to this stuff. just started. please guide me rdp plans. i want one in hurry. i want to start uploading as soon as i can.8-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back