Hosting warez in Germany vs. Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nattawat

I was looking for a new server to move onto, and about all my offers were from Germany servers. I've had many recommendations that hosting is Netherlands would be better for a totally no DMCA complaints. Well, I've tried finding Netherlands servers but I couldn't find the one that meet my requirements.

Therefore I might go for Germany server, but I got some questions:

- Is it safe to host a warez forum or a any-picture-is-allowed image hosting?
- When they say "all DMCA complaints" will be forwarded to you, how often should I be expecting? Considering I have a forum with over 1.5 million posts.
- What will happen if I did not see the DMCA complaints, or choose it ignore it, and eventually fail to comply with their DMCA complaints?

22 comments
HK is deemed "safest"
But both NL and GER are pretty good for warez linking, NL is good as most providers forward the DMCA requests to you but once you get them you will more than likely get a lot more. also connection to other countrys aren't always the best....

Germany has great connection and you wont receive a DMCA complaint often unless your big/overly known not to abide by DMCA/ you have to act and abide by the DMCA otherwise most hosts will suspend/delete your account.

of course both the pros and cons could be for any host in either country but this is what ive had experience with

heck you can host in US till you get caught many warez sites do, not recommended but w/e floats your boat.

Netherlands has a lot of availability for servers, maybe you just need to look at it some more. Nowhere is really safe, just less dangerous, and Netherlands would win because they have so many illegal website problems, and no one will care about yours. Germany on the other hand, is kinda like the US except they wont hunt you personally down, they'll just get rid of your site if you don't abide by the rules.

As for DMCA complaints, 1. They could set a court date and order you to show up, and yes they might not know your name, but they will summon the owner of the website. So then you decide not to show up and hide in a cave and miss the date. If at any time they find out you were the owner then you are fucked. If you're gonna be anonymous then do a good job and dont screw up. If you're really worried, then make sure to check your mail and contact forms and DON'T MISS THEM.

@Nattawat Germany isn't offshore in terms of rules, the datacenter rules and restrictions are just as tight as the US. Even if you use an invalid address, phone number, and etc. the DC will null route IPs if you don't respond to DCMA(EUCD) in Germany and a lot of the time in Netherlands to. For example, Ecatel isn't that safe anymore and WorldSteam won' allow warez linking anymore, too. ROFL. So, be careful whats in ur shopping bag ;)
Just my 2cents ;)

Last edited:
@tele I do trust prq.se and server.lu but that's my personal choice. I don't advertise nor endorse any. however, I'm still open for suggestions...hey u never know ;)

@XSLTel I don't buy it! I'm sorry! You might wanna promote your resell packs to the morons from DP. I guess over there you may be sell smth...

@bunny

I'm sorry I didn't meant that sir,

try to re-read my post I never said neither mentioned to buy from my resold offers .

also you said I'm open for suggestions and since I'm a satisfied ecatel client, I thought they may help you too, but unfortunately I never thought such poor reply form your side.

anyway good luck with your research.

Highest Regards
Mohammed H

hey Mohammed, it's not poor reply but my bloody opinion. Freedom of speech...you forgot...this is America! And yeah, I'm very open for suggestions, but you probably forgot that I'm not 'm not the original poster(see above). If I wanted to buy Ecatel plan believe me, I'm gonna contact them...directly. This is not an advertising forum, ai? And I'm sorry if I offended your sensitive persona. Peace!

if you wanna sleep well, host your server in Russia. Here we just make DMCA as keyword for spam. local law doesn't allow hosters to cancel they customer contract by third party claims. They have to get order from local police, thats basically impossible if you are outside Russia.

if you wanna sleep well, host your server in Russia. Here we just make DMCA as keyword for spam. local law doesn't allow hosters to cancel they customer contract by third party claims. They have to get order from local police, thats basically impossible if you are outside Russia.

Youre right Hostkey. Russia is the safest place.

Hostkey will shut down your server if they receive a claim

Youre right Hostkey. Russia is the safest place.

At Hostkey my server was shutdown after a 24 hours notice, and we had to went to another company, people use to say there are no problems, because meanwhile there are no problems you are there, it's like "meanwhile we host you", and that's ok, but you are all days waiting the email, to run and move in less than 24 hours.

I don't recommend Hostkey for this kind of websites, even when in the past they claimed they would host anything.
Hostkey for other websites could be ok, but they have even connection problems with the rest of the world, several munin from other servers showed how their connection felt down minutes and sometimes hours at night or weekends.

They abide the same rules even if you are hosting in Russia or Netherlands, because companies now are going directly to the police, they don't even send DMCA... they create lists and work with lists of websites (they told me this and showed me the list of many websites that were prosecuted)

Hostkey is not place for any linking W website... for other ones it's a good server if you don't mind some connection problems per week...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back