Shared HiloHost.com - cPanel Hosting 2$ (NL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem, I'm sorry for the downtime.

I think the reason the server crashed was due to MySQL not being optimised in the best way.

I believe it crashed when the scheduled backup protocol was initiated, it then overloaded the CPU because MySQL wasn't dealing with the process in the correct manner, I made a few tweaks and the server CPU performance has increased even more as the server load seemed to have dropped substantially.

My friend helped me locate an issue that occurred, I believe when I installed CloudLinux it overwrote a file and set its values to the default. I more than likely wouldn't of found this out as I believed it to have stayed the way I originally set it, so credits go to him for helping fix the issue even faster.

Still down for me

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've just woke up, I'm looking into the issue now.

DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN... now SP32 what you say? how many down times we gonna face?

I try my best to keep the server online 24/7, when the server is down I receive no money, this is a business in which I do not want to be losing money.

Update:

It appears that the servers hard drive might have crashed and somehow corrupted itself, which would explain why the server had issues in the early hours of the morning. I am still waiting on a reply from the Data Center/Ecatel

I feel bad for all of you, I really don't like it when occurrences like this happen, to prove that I want to make you guys feel better I will add 7 days of hosting for free to all existing current clients.

And if anyone wants to move to a different company I will provide a full refund.

EDIT:

Still waiting on a reply, I won't bother updating this post until I have received a reply, please remain patient, thanks.

Thanks for your effort, but are the data on that server backed up ?
did we last our data ? i'm very sure a lot of user didn't make any backup of their site...

To be honest, I really don't know, there are a few methods to restore all the files on the server but I don't know if those will work until I regain access. For example there is a useful tool called PhotoRec and another one called ext3undel. As far as I know, I do not think Ecatel provides any type of backup support, so if both of those tools fail to restore files, then I am afraid all data will be lost.

I'm going to be getting a server with KVM over IP which means I will still have full control of the server even when it goes down, I'm currently looking at a quad core with 24gb of RAM. It just means clients on that server will have to comply with all DMCA requests, but at least the server will actually work.

All useful backup is Lost now and some Might not were able to save Backups cause they had trust on Hilohost and IF not having backup going on With Hilo is the case then again as you mentioned Users Have to comply with the DMCA requests in Near Future, there are now Many people moving now.....

Yes, I am aware of that. But I never promised anyone that I would be able to keep and maintain their backups, I stored backups on the server that the clients were on as an extra feature but I haven't listed that service officially, it is down to the clients to keep backups of their files.

And I am aware about the DMCA issue, but I am running a professional business, if it comes between the choice of having a server that constantly suffers from network issues and unhappy clients or a server that requires DMCA notices to be complied with, but has much better support, much more uptime and a much more stable machine, I'm going to choose the latter.

Clients should never soley rely on their hosting company to keep backups, this is a perfect example why, I can't store all the backups on my personal computer and I don't earn no where near enough to buy a server to keep everyone's backups on, even if I did there's a chance that could break also.

Any experienced webmaster who has been in the industry will tell you that you should always backup your own files.

My business doesn't and will not revolve around shady grey areas of the law, as some people are already aware, I have removed all relations to HiloHost and "warez-linking".

I believe my clients can upload whatever material they want but if I receive a notice saying the server will be shut down or the client has to remove x content, I'm going to get the client to remove x content.

I'm a serious host, I don't plan on doing hosting for a few months, I plan on doing it for years, and then some more years after that, hiccups will happen down the road, no long-term host will say they have never received issues like hardware malfunctions, DDoS attacks, Malicious code injects etc.

Of course I do not want HiloHost down, but for me to expect HiloHost to be running 100% perfect everyday for the next 10 years, would be idiotic and it would make me a very poor server administrator.

Also by moving to a different data center I would also be able to reduce the cost of hosting again, as my number 1 priority in the hosting business is customer satisfaction, albeit, it might not be that great at the exact point in time, but I will remain here, I will carry on doing hosting, clients will leave, clients will join, people will like the company, others won't.

Everything isn't lost, I still have some backups stored locally on accounts. If one of the tools I mentioned allows restoration of the server, it will be back online tomorrow.

I was with XSLtel early this month (they are hosted with Ecatel too) and suffer the same faith. The HDD went belly up and all data lost. Luckily I keep backup and lost only 5 days of content. This time it's Ecatel again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back