Graphics Pack from the GFX Designers on WJ?

Official WJunction Graphics Pack

• Yes (release a gfx pack)

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • No (don't release a gfx pack)

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious who voted NO! I think most of us here own one or more websites and there are much members (including myself) who have no idea on design area. This will help a lot many people!

Yes, Please release your GFX Work and show everyone a real power of WJ in GFX Field. Let everyone(other gfx sites) knows about some real WJ GFX Work. Can't wait to see some real GFX sharing here. :D

I voted Yes (release a gfx pack) :).
I would like to do my contribution too but it'll be good to have conversation with all GFX members at same time to discuss the plans & contribution that's going to be involved.

I am just about to send messages to all WJunction GFX Team Members for there skypes.

Note: If you are willing to add to the GFX Pack and not part of the GFX Team then PM me please.

I'll be adding some web templates and psd's for sure (templates watermarked).
All material within the pack will be strictly for learning purposes.

I think PSDs and whatnot are useless to beginners, it doesn't teach you how to do anything, lol.
You can just close through layers and whatnot.

The WJunction GFX Team should focus on tutorials, unique ones. Branded ones.
And spread them throughout the interwebs.

I vote no.

People learn things differently. I've learned a lot using psd's, since I like to reverse-engineer shit to figure out my own methods of doing things.

And its always useful to have a psd to look thru back-to-back with a tutorial. Which is how psdtuts got popular.

As you designers have already mentioned releasing such packs is helpful for all the learners to learn via the PSD's / Videos / Long ass Tutorial images / Written tutorials anything and everything is good for learning.

I Would love to see such pack but i predict let it be copyright licensed like other packs over the internet. Like to be used only if the user gives a link back to the website or to you authors / content creators.

I respect the contribution thought or to be worked up by you members but i want your content to be displayed properly around the internet along with proper user and website promotions.

or we can go all out by releasing as a normal gfx pack :P

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't really see a point. There aren't a lot of aspiring graphic designers in the board. Maybe it's just me though. The Graphics Showcase section has only 11 threads.

^True.

Would it be better if you provide designs that will help us webmasters? Since this is what this forum is anyway.

- Website design ideas
- Icon packs

To be honest, I don't really see a point. There aren't a lot of aspiring graphic designers in the board. Maybe it's just me though. The Graphics Showcase section has only 11 threads.
That might be partially true. The graphics showcase section was introduced just a few weeks ago.
You can't expect tons of threads in a few weeks time, can you?
Why do you think we are giving so much importance to GFX atm? Why did we create a dedicated group for GFX?

To improve WJ, to improve GFX interest among people, to help people learn stuffs.

If everyone keeps saying that "there's nothing, so i'll do nothing", eventually, it'll be nothing.
So, help us start an initiative, or don't interfere people who are interested to atleast do something new on WJunction.

^True.

Would it be better if you provide designs that will help us webmasters? Since this is what this forum is anyway.

- Website design ideas
- Icon packs
You don't need it. 1 website will satisfy your needs.

www.smashub.com

Also, to make an exclusive WJunction GFX Pack. You have to be original with the content. You can't put in content that are publicly available since most of the GFX Pack available in the web are all publicly able(C4D, font, render, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back