Graphics Pack from the GFX Designers on WJ?

Official WJunction Graphics Pack

• Yes (release a gfx pack)

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • No (don't release a gfx pack)

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOSX

Hello WJunction,

I had a great thought that may help out a lot of designers here on WJunction. I know for a fact there is a lot of new designers or ordinary designers that would like to expand on there designing skills. For example if someone is a dedicated web designer and would like to start some animation work or video editing or even simply logo or banner designs then it could be quite tricky to start off with no help.

So I have come up with an idea...

How about if we released an Official WJunction Graphics Pack which would have contents from each of the gfx design team here and anyone else who would like to input some work then it could help other members out. Additionally it could attract more designers to the forum if we are showing off our work and encuraging more people to design at the same time.

The graphics pack would include all of the following and possibly more:

- Logo's (psd)
- Web Templates (psd)
- Grid Layouts
- Patterns
- Brushes
- Fonts
- Tutorials
- much more...

Please leave your thoughts below in a reply and use the poll to vonot hesitate if you would like to add an idea to what I have already suggested.

Thanks,
MrOSX

33 comments
Great Idea MrOSX, this would infact be the first initiative since the GFX Rank has been introduced.

I'm ready to contribute whatever i can.

P.S: I kindly request the members of the GFX Team to co-operate with this initiative and contribute whatever piece of artwork you can possibly do for the community.

Time to show the real power of your rank :)

Glad everyone is taking the time to input already.

Also if any members have any specific requests then either reply here or PM a GFX Team member and we will have it added.

OfQcz5n.png

^^ Says It All XD

OfQcz5n.png

^^ Says It All XD

We have a "No" now haha.

Don't see how someone would say no and not want a free release when its our hard work going into the pack all they have to do is click download and its helping them out but oh well.

Hope it all goes well, I will make a big skype convo most probably with all GFX Designers.

I think PSDs and whatnot are useless to beginners, it doesn't teach you how to do anything, lol.
You can just close through layers and whatnot.

The WJunction GFX Team should focus on tutorials, unique ones. Branded ones.
And spread them throughout the interwebs.

I vote no.

I think PSDs and whatnot are useless to beginners, it doesn't teach you how to do anything, lol.

I vote no.
MeqRLp0.png

I vote no.

Actually, I first started learning a lot from PSD's to see how things were built up and could see how effects were added and what settings were used.

Next, I did clearly state tutorials would be added.

Finally, You are forgetting the rest such as brushes, patterns, backgrounds, fonts...etc.

I saw it, but still.

A graphics pack means something you need to download.

Tutorials shouldn't need to be downloaded, they tend to be long ass images with the creators name and the website where it originated.

That's what the GFX Team should do. It will boost GFX activity and bring members eager to learn here.

And if you're going to release GFX Packs, release them on DeviantART and other sites like that.

I saw it, but still.

A graphics pack means something you need to download.

Tutorials shouldn't need to be downloaded, they tend to be long ass images with the creators name and the website where it originated.

That's what the GFX Team should do. It will boost GFX activity and bring members eager to learn here.

And if you're going to release GFX Packs, release them on DeviantART and other sites like that.
Doesn't Mean that it "has" to be downloaded. A Graphic pack can be a thread, with all resources in it (which can be accessed individually).
For Example,. Graphics Resources Pack#1 Can be a thread with resources gathered by individuals in the GFX Team. It can be anything, PSD's, Tutorials, Brushes, Fonts etc etc. They might be based on a certain theme.

It all depends on Creativity.., and btw who said that PSD's does nothing to individuals? If you have the passion to learn, you will.
If you stick out to just hide and delete layers, then you don't deserve to become a designer.

I just wonder why people always favor the negative path.

Another No (Vote) Meanwhile, Its a Request to everyone who vote, please leave the reason for the same here in the thread even its a no or yes!

Thanks

Doesn't Mean that it "has" to be downloaded. A Graphic pack can be a thread, with all resources in it (which can be accessed individually).
For Example,. Graphics Resources Pack#1 Can be a thread with resources gathered by individuals in the GFX Team. It can be anything, PSD's, Tutorials, Brushes, Fonts etc etc. They might be based on a certain theme.

It all depends on Creativity.., and btw who said that PSD's does nothing to individuals? If you have the passion to learn, you will.
If you stick out to just hide and delete layers, then you don't deserve to become a designer.

I just wonder why people always favor the negative path.

All I'm saying is people love visual stuff, they like seeing things step by step, not trying to figure stuff out. Of course there's people that want to learn and have a passion for it, but c'mon.. let's be realistic. There is always more people that want to do things the easy way than work hard for it.

Now these are my own opinions, I'm not saying OSX's idea won't work, but, the outcome would be much better if you have a lot of visual aids.

A Resource Pack would be good in the future, but tutorials should be primary.

This coming from owning a graphics site with Chri5.

All I'm saying is people love visual stuff, they like seeing things step by step, not trying to figure stuff out. Of course there's people that want to learn and have a passion for it, but c'mon.. let's be realistic. There is always more people that want to do things the easy way than work hard for it.

Now these are my own opinions, I'm not saying OSX's idea won't work, but, the outcome would be much better if you have a lot of visual aids.

A Resource Pack would be good in the future, but tutorials should be primary.

This coming from owning a graphics site with Chri5.
Yes, i agree. But by voting "no" you are demoralizing the whole enthusiasm of GFX Members. You should perhaps just guide people to concentrate on Tutorials rather than the other stuffs.

Lets take it this way,
We create a tutorial, upload a video (step by step) as well as a written version. Now, the resources that have been used in this Tutorial can be made available for download. These resources would again be Brushes, PSD's and what not?
So it comes down to point one, We can indeed concentrate on Tutorials, But people would also love to download freebies and have fun with it and end up learning something.

Yes, i agree. But by voting "no" you are demoralizing the whole enthusiasm of GFX Members. You should perhaps just guide people to concentrate on Tutorials rather than the other stuffs.

Lets take it this way,
We create a tutorial, upload a video (step by step) as well as a written version. Now, the resources that have been used in this Tutorial can be made available for download. These resources would again be Brushes, PSD's and what not?
So it comes down to point one, We can indeed concentrate on Tutorials, But people would also love to download freebies and have fun with it and end up learning something.

Now you're talking. :friends:

My View about this topic:

Video Tutorials as well as Image tutorials can be watermarked
So Freebies(u know about what kind of ppl am talking about ) cant just take it ,some text modification & sell it in the net [without any effort].
But in case of PSDs,u know it can be done,becoz there is no way to protect your work.

If this topic created for GFX guidance (-> newbie/beginner)
Then Newbies (now I am talking about interested GFXers ) can only learn by Visual Tuts.. not by any Ready Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back