from experience what's the best seedbox provider you have used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ1804

i am wanting to know from anyone here who has used a good seedbox provider and if there is any the they can recommend to me

21 comments
take a host hatch nl 2 vps and u will rock ... very cheap and FASTEST torrent download i have ever seen especially from scc ( up to 85 mb sec)

In my opinion, it is better to rent a vps with unmetered bandwidth from a respected provider and set it up as a seedbox. That way you will have full control of everything.
get in touch with chociz.com , hosthatch, seednet.eu or any other provider that makes you feel happy with their support and server specs.

If you do insist on renting a seedbox rather than a vps, check out chociz.com, seed.st (the ssd plans only) , ultraseedbox.com . I have used in the past whatbox.ca (heat plan) and their service is excellent but they had an upload bandwidth cap (2,5 T) which was easily exceeded in a week !!!

Last edited:
i was considering getting a vps for this purpose but i just thought it would be easier to get a seedbox from a well known provider that someone has used and could recommend as i have no experience setting up a seedbox. but it is easy to find helpful tut, but what script would you recommend i should use ? if i do make this choice.

Last edited:
There is a thread here in wjunction with an excellent tutorial on how to install rtorrent/rutorrent which is based on forums dot rutorrent dot org thread found here
->
Code:
http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=608.0
With this script , you can create multiple user accounts , install a secure ftp server, choose a web server to work with (personal preference nginx - more light on resources)

Another excellent torrent client with aggressive seeding properties is deluge.
Code:
 http://totallynoob.com/deluge-torrent-server-seedbox-ubuntu-headless
ftp server you have to install it yourself . Google how to install and configure vsftpd . very easy

If you rent a linux vps but you have a windows background and insist on using μTorrent, then you must install wine , download (a good old version like 1.8.5 or 2.2.1) μTorrent from filehippo or oldapps and run μΤorrent via wine. Before that , you must install desktop gui of your preference and vnc ( I use NXserver which is more secure than vnc)
hope my views helped you

thank you stingray for sharing your knowledge about this topic and your opinion / views. you have helped me make my mind up

There is a thread here in wjunction with an excellent tutorial on how to install rtorrent/rutorrent which is based on forums dot rutorrent dot org thread found here
->
Code:
http://forums.rutorrent.org/index.php?topic=608.0
With this script , you can create multiple user accounts , install a secure ftp server, choose a web server to work with (personal preference nginx - more light on resources)

Another excellent torrent client with aggressive seeding properties is deluge.
Code:
 http://totallynoob.com/deluge-torrent-server-seedbox-ubuntu-headless
ftp server you have to install it yourself . Google how to install and configure vsftpd . very easy

If you rent a linux vps but you have a windows background and insist on using μTorrent, then you must install wine , download (a good old version like 1.8.5 or 2.2.1) μTorrent from filehippo or oldapps and run μΤorrent via wine. Before that , you must install desktop gui of your preference and vnc ( I use NXserver which is more secure than vnc)
hope my views helped you

This ruTorrent tutorial is no longer valid, and will result in errors on an install, just as a heads up.

Also if you are really looking for the best speeds out of a seedbox steer clear of utorrent. It barely can achieve good speeds and will under-utilize whatever seedbox you get. Stick with ruTorrent or Deluge.

Do not use ultraseedbox. Very slow download speeds and upload too. Tested same files on other vps seedbox and shared seedbox. The difference was huge.
Tried many different trackers with same ridiculous results.

Hey AJ1804 (and anyone else that wouldn't mind)I'm starting out just like you so if you don't mind please let me know what you decide.I was using warez forums but want to change to torrents since you can grab stuff soon as it hits the net but I'm lost as far as what to use and getting into private tracker.Thanks.
Ugg I just noticed that's an old thread LOL Well if anyone looks I'd still appreciate the help alot!

Last edited:
I use torrents, warez and usenet. Usenet the best but can be limited.

If you are really interested in torrents get a very cheap seedbox, even 1tb can be cheap if you know where to look.
Can get you into any private tracker you want.
And tell you how to get your ratio up very fast.
I am a member of over 30 private trackers and currently using 3 seedboxes.
Send me pm for details and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back