voduv

Hello dear wjunction members

I am in the process of creating a site to host video files. It will be somewhat different from the sites that are advertised. Most of these sites use the xvideosharing or xfilesharing script. I have some questions and I hope you can help me make some decisions.

Question about the domain
Is the domain name supposed to indicate video hosting? Because I noticed that some sites, after a period of operation, were forced to change the domain due to DMCA notifications.
For my part, the site will be run on a domain and the video files will be hosted on another domain

Regarding video encoding, is it preferable to have one quality for the video or have multiple qualities?
I do not know whether it is better to rely on one quality, 1080p, or to allow encoding in more than one quality, such as 480p - 720p - 1080p.

Choosing a server: What is the best processor to bear the pressure of encoding a large number of files at one time while also bearing a large number of views, and what are the appropriate specifications for starting the site?
I was seeing some articles recommending AMD processors, but what do you think about trying the Ampere ® Altra ® Q80-30 processors?

Features that the site will offer
  • Unlimited space/Unlimited data transfer
  • Adult Content are Allowed through Default NSFW/sensitive videos policy and blur explicit images feature and Privacy Unlisted option
  • No file expiry
  • HLS Streaming - P2P - Global CDN system
  • A dedicated channel for each user, such as YouTube and ok.ru, with the possibility of increasing the number of channels in the future
  • Support Two Factor authentication (OTP)
  • playlists The user can add an unlimited number of episodes in one playlist with the ability to extract the embed code for the playlist. I think this feature may be useful for series and movie series through one embed code.
  • Live streaming will be useful for owners of sporting events broadcasting sites. It will be available soon after the completion of the trial period and the stability of the site
  • import supported by youtube-dl or URL that points to a raw MP4 file and Torrent import
  • subtitle support. Multiple languages are no problem
  • The ability to view the video through a special QR-Code for each video
  • Whitelist embedding
I will try to add other features soon!

• Password protected video privacy
  • video storyboard support
  • user can replace the video file in the Update Video page
  • video chapters support
Special features for webmasters with high and distinctive traffic from TIER 1 and TIER 2

After all this, there is a problem with the ability to support webmasters, as this script does not have a profits and rewards feature. From my point of view, either the distribution of profits must be done manually by calculating the website supervisor’s channel statistics and his video statistics, or a fixed price for payment must be determined. What is it? Your suggestions

Finally, all opinions and suggestions will be taken into consideration

To conduct trial version tests, you can contact us through:

21 comments
Why is everyone who comes into this world trying to set up a video hosting site?

Really people like this are getting very boring, also nobody trusts the new services anymore, all the new video hosting services have all closed down.

Now please start doing something else, for example, do something unique.

iceyfile.com already offers almost everything you mention.
Thank you, but I hope you read the topic carefully
Post automatically merged:

Why is everyone who comes into this world trying to set up a video hosting site?

Really people like this are getting very boring, also nobody trusts the new services anymore, all the new video hosting services have all closed down.

Now please start doing something else, for example, do something unique.
I believe that this field accommodates the presence of new services constantly, and unfortunately most new sites may not complete work in one year, perhaps due to the lack of the necessary support or good marketing for the service or the presence of competitors who provide better service, and this is what I am trying to do to find competitive value and be different from the rest of the sites. The most important thing is My point of view is to keep the files and links unchanged. When most sites cannot get rid of DMCA problems, they delete the files and the site and create a new site from scratch, but for me, the matter will be different for the site that I am about to launch soon.

Last edited:
I'll answer some of your questions but please don't treat my response as bashing.

HLS Streaming - P2P - Global CDN system

So basically what's the point of creating a host if you won't maintain the uplink usage yourself? Instead you will be a parasite on the user devices causing them to be slaves of your pseudo torrent cdn while using their internet connection to share segments with others causing numerous problems to them like losing their mobile data, causing mobile devices to overheat etc.
I do not know whether it is better to rely on one quality, 1080p, or to allow encoding in more than one quality, such as 480p - 720p - 1080p.
More qualities = higher upkeep storage costs andlonger encoding queues since u gonna need to transcode each video multiple times.
What is the best processor to bear the pressure of encoding a large number of files at one time while also bearing a large number of views, and what are the appropriate specifications for starting the site?
I was seeing some articles recommending AMD processors, but what do you think about trying the Ampere ® Altra ® Q80-30 processors?

This indicates that first you should get some experience and knowledge. My suggestion would be to play around with your own files for a while.

And there are some questions from me which you should read carefully and answer them yourself :)

How you gonna maintain the storage? What raid you gonna go with?
How you plan to secure user files against potential hacks,disk failures?
What is your experience as system administrator ? What you gonna do if disk fails and there will be a must of rebuilding a raid ?
What you gonna do if motherboard dies and replacement will be required? How you gonna handle MAC replacement and other stuff related to maintaining a server?
Do you even have proper budget to start? How many servers do you actually need for start? What will be basic specs you gonna work with ?
Do you have basic programming knowledge to help users and maintain the website?

You see buying XVS or XFS is nothing. All you need for that is some money. But handling a successfull host is nearly a full time job and those questions above are just a small portion of what you gonna face when you actually open one. Talking about 80 core processor clearly indicates for me that you have no clue about running a host.

I'll answer some of your questions but please don't treat my response as bashing.

So basically what's the point of creating a host if you won't maintain the uplink usage yourself? Instead you will be a parasite on the user devices causing them to be slaves of your pseudo torrent cdn while using their internet connection to share segments with others causing numerous problems to them like losing their mobile data, causing mobile devices to overheat etc.
The first point is that the CDN service will only distribute file storage to the nearest data center to the uploader, and after that the P2P service will contribute to distributing files to the closest cache centers close to the users so that users can watch video files with the least response time. This helps in viewing the files while consuming the least possible amount of transfer. Data and switching between video qualities without disconnecting or re-downloading the file from the beginning

More qualities = higher upkeep storage costs andlonger encoding queues since u gonna need to transcode each video multiple times.
I have no problem with storing files, as I do not rely on servers to store files. The server will only be for operating the site, encoding the files, and then transferring the files to the storage location. In the future, I may provide a dedicated server for encoding files.
This indicates that first you should get some experience and knowledge. My suggestion would be to play around with your own files for a while.
It is possible that I do not have good experience in this part, but with the passage of time, experience will increase. What I am looking for at this point is to find suitable specifications for encoding files as quickly as possible.
And there are some questions from me which you should read carefully and answer them yourself :)

How you gonna maintain the storage? What raid you gonna go with?
snapshots
How you plan to secure user files against potential hacks,disk failures?
Basically, the files will not be stored on the site’s server, and 3 copies of the file will be created, which will be uploaded and distributed in 3 file storage points, in addition to the possibility of making snapshots.
What is your experience as system administrator ? What you gonna do if disk fails and there will be a must of rebuilding a raid ?
If this problem occurs, I will have more than one backup copy of the files, and everything will be safe
What you gonna do if motherboard dies and replacement will be required? How you gonna handle MAC replacement and other stuff related to maintaining a server?
If this problem occurs, I will deal with another company, and it will be easy to transfer the site to another company because I will not need to transfer files.
Do you even have proper budget to start? How many servers do you actually need for start? What will be basic specs you gonna work with ?
In the beginning, I will not need a large number of servers to start the site. Over time, I will need LoadBalancer servers and file encoding.
Do you have basic programming knowledge to help users and maintain the website?
Yes, I have sufficient experience to deal with managing the site and servers and protecting the site, files and servers
You see buying XVS or XFS is nothing. All you need for that is some money. But handling a successfull host is nearly a full time job and those questions above are just a small portion of what you gonna face when you actually open one. Talking about 80 core processor clearly indicates for me that you have no clue about running a host.
I know that it is not easy, but what I aspire to is to keep the files and preserve them. This will be more difficult than building a host.
Regarding the processor, I have not invented anything. There is a processor with these specifications. You can search for it, as it is only available from specific companies

The first point is that the CDN service will only distribute file storage to the nearest data center to the uploader, and after that the P2P service will contribute to distributing files to the closest cache centers close to the users so that users can watch video files with the least response time. This helps in viewing the files while consuming the least possible amount of transfer. Data and switching between video qualities without disconnecting or re-downloading the file from the beginning

What?
I have no problem with storing files, as I do not rely on servers to store files. The server will only be for operating the site, encoding the files, and then transferring the files to the storage location. In the future, I may provide a dedicated server for encoding files.

So where you gonna store the files if not at servers huh? For storage you also need dedicated servers. If you think of something like S3 you're bankrupt in single day.
snapshots
Bullshit, good luck creating snapshot of 100TB+ of data and storing it outside the machine.
Basically, the files will not be stored on the site’s server, and 3 copies of the file will be created, which will be uploaded and distributed in 3 file storage points, in addition to the possibility of making snapshots.
Bullshit. You're bankrupt as soon as someone uploads 100TB of data which is pretty much normal for bigger sites. 100TB * 3. And that's just a single user :)
If this problem occurs, I will have more than one backup copy of the files, and everything will be safe
Bullshit. You simply can't afford that. How many ads you gonna place ? 100 pops before player start ? Obviously you have no idea what are the basic upkeep costs of a host.
If this problem occurs, I will deal with another company, and it will be easy to transfer the site to another company because I will not need to transfer files.
Then where you gonna store the files my man ? :)
In the beginning, I will not need a large number of servers to start the site. Over time, I will need LoadBalancer servers and file encoding.
Nope. You always gonna be in huge need of storage servers.
Yes, I have sufficient experience to deal with managing the site and servers and protecting the site, files and servers
You don't have. It's clear. From things you wrote it means that you have no idea how to run,start,maintain hosting site. You won't store any files in buckets like s3 or others.... Transfer data would cost you million dollars per month. Imagine demand of TBs in some cases PBs of data. You think you gonna buy 1 server for site. 2-3 for encoding and thats it ? Buddy come back to earth...

What?

So where you gonna store the files if not at servers huh? For storage you also need dedicated servers. If you think of something like S3 you're bankrupt in single day.

Bullshit, good luck creating snapshot of 100TB+ of data and storing it outside the machine.

Bullshit. You're bankrupt as soon as someone uploads 100TB of data which is pretty much normal for bigger sites. 100TB * 3. And that's just a single user :)

Bullshit. You simply can't afford that. How many ads you gonna place ? 100 pops before player start ? Obviously you have no idea what are the basic upkeep costs of a host.

You don't have. It's clear. From things you wrote it means that you have no idea how to run,start,maintain hosting site. You won't store any files in buckets like s3 or others.... Transfer data would cost you million dollars per month. Imagine demand of TBs in some cases PBs of data. You think you gonna buy 1 server for site. 2-3 for encoding and thats it ? Buddy come back to earth...
i have a feeling that OP is 13yo with big imagination. this thread is just a pure cringe

What?

Of course the storage will be on servers but it will be 3 dedicated solutions
NAS (Network Attached Storage) and SAN (Storage Area Network) and STORAGE BOXES

This is not the case. Backups, snapshots, and total storage space are managed through the Open-E JovianDSS system.
I will not rely entirely on advertisements. I will start with only one advertisement on the operator, and I will provide customized solutions for storage, storage spaces, and competitive prices.

Yes, but there is a difference in reserving servers for storage and reserving a peta rack. This provides more freedom in terms of space and hardware
I am not stupid to host files on S3, even if there is free data transfer, it is limited and will not benefit anything, in addition to the request prices. Simply every click has costs. Renting servers will be much cheaper.
What I mean by a site with a single server for the site, meaning that the site will be on a separate server from the file storage servers, providing the loadBalancer service to distribute loads.

i have a feeling that OP is 13yo with big imagination. this thread is just a pure cringe
Well, he who laughs last laughs best

Last edited:

This is not the case. Backups, snapshots, and total storage space are managed through the Open-E JovianDSS system.

I will not rely entirely on advertisements. I will start with only one advertisement on the operator, and I will provide customized solutions for storage, storage spaces, and competitive prices.

Yes, but there is a difference in reserving servers for storage and reserving a peta rack. This provides more freedom in terms of space and hardware

I am not stupid to host files on S3, even if there is free data transfer, it is limited and will not benefit anything, in addition to the request prices. Simply every click has costs. Renting servers will be much cheaper.
What I mean by a site with a single server for the site, meaning that the site will be on a separate server from the file storage servers, providing the loadBalancer service to distribute loads.

For me it looks like you spent a day in google trying to look and say something professional but it's just a bullshit. Once again please come back to earth and if you seek for a real suggestions stop trying to be something. Be real.

For me it looks like you spent a day in google trying to look and say something professional but it's just a bullshit. Once again please come back to earth and if you seek for a real suggestions stop trying to be something. Be real.
I was at work and I don't know why everything is considered a bullshit. Try to think outside the box. Services are developing day after day, as are ideas. Do you know the website https://d.tube/ When it started, they used to say this is a bullshit!

I was at work and I don't know why everything is considered a bullshit. Try to think outside the box. Services are developing day after day, as are ideas. Do you know the website https://d.tube/ When it started, they used to say this is a bullshit!

That's the autopromotion? Buddy no i dont know this site but i have fancy tools to check it's traffic and nothing special. 500k unique per month according to similarweb that's literally month of work to achieve. Why am i saying bullshit? Let me explain. I run datacenter our entire host is self hosted. I know prices for every compontent to build a server. Things you say are simply stupid in most cases and in some cases they're way too expensive. If you have million dollar to spend which you probably won't it's not achievable. Then even if you do the host will not pay that back in approx 10 years.

I am also very interested to know how much budget to build such site.

I hope a big player here like filemoon can give us an estimation :smiley:

That's the autopromotion? Buddy no i dont know this site but i have fancy tools to check it's traffic and nothing special. 500k unique per month according to similarweb that's literally month of work to achieve. Why am i saying bullshit? Let me explain. I run datacenter our entire host is self hosted. I know prices for every compontent to build a server. Things you say are simply stupid in most cases and in some cases they're way too expensive. If you have million dollar to spend which you probably won't it's not achievable. Then even if you do the host will not pay that back in approx 10 years.
Thanks, it was insightful I use to wonder about how file host mange https://www.wjunction.com/threads/how-is-it-profitable-for-file-host.261574/post-2516899 all this now I got it.
But how is Cloudflare about all this stuff? Do you have to pay them as I know they forces to upgrade to enterprise plans for high traffic sites (Excluding html/CSS/JS assets)?

Nobody is streaming trough cloudflare. You use server uplink.
You are wrong about this, they cache video snippets via cloudflare with html - txt or jpg extension and visitors do not need to connect with the file server.

cloudflare takes all the load.

image.png

As you can see in the picture, this video has been streaming on cloudflare for 172554 seconds, which is an average of 47 hours.

You are wrong about this, they cache video snippets via cloudflare with html - txt or jpg extension and visitors do not need to connect with the file server.

cloudflare takes all the load.

image.png

As you can see in the picture, this video has been streaming on cloudflare for 172554 seconds, which is an average of 47 hours.

I'm not wrong. You forgot to mentoin how fast they're banned by clownflare along with their entire account including all others they have. Cloudflare knows about this "bypass" and bans people on daily basis.

I'm not wrong. You forgot to mentoin how fast they're banned by clownflare along with their entire account including all others they have. Cloudflare knows about this "bypass" and bans people on daily basis.
Yes, this is true, but they run 100 different accounts and domains for 1 video, even after 50 hours on the screen I sent you, they still cache it with the same domain name and let visitors watch the video.

Be sure that after 1 week you will see that this domain name is still not banned and they will continue to serve.

They share traffic to thousands of domains and many accounts, as if they are showing themselves on cloudflare like a picture site.

image.png

I hope you understand better now @FileMoon , using cloudflare cache for 8 days this website is still streaming :)

As I said, when you make many accounts and domains and spread the traffic, cloudflare does not ban such site owners.

Last edited:
Hello again, dear wjunction members
I will start launching the site as a beta version within days, but I need help conducting some performance tests. I need one of the webmasters who has a large number of visits. For details, contact me.

Back