FileServe - Make Money - Up to $25 per 1000 downloads (Official thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ ajinkya9: Because we would like to encourage free users to become premium too :)

@ spectre145: I can tell you we get sales every day from website owners.

@ cilembu: We have not been hacked. If we had, no user would be safe any more. We have put in measures that doesn't make us the "ordinary" solution/site.

Can you explain to me why none of my accounts have been hijacked? :) I don't download .exe files and I certainly don't visit sites that may harm my computer.

We already have the measure in place for users. If they cannot protect their email and FS username/password then there's no hope and we will be the last line of defense. Fortunately, we only give everyone 1 chance to redeem themselves.

let me rephrase that, "hack attemps" hehehe, and I'm pretty sure FS website has been hacked, saw it once CMIIW.

mate, when you are online, people can actually "scan" you...., and the downloaded trojan isnt always ".exe", it may be a .ppt files from your own colleague (in disguise). maybe you are just lucky there, but, we'll never know....

too bad if there are no "alert and recovery" system atm, hopefully in due time, it could be implemented.

@ cilembu: Trust me. Our website has never been hacked/changed by someone other than our own authorized staff.

And yes... .exe is an example. I don't open .pdf or similar files, and other people should learn not to trust someone from the Internet. It is simple internet movement ethics that you do not trust/believe in everything you are sent/download.

Our alert-recovery system is as good as it comes. If people gain access to your email you're screwed, no matter how much you try to turn the picture.

Bah all these doesn't matter . Just use a good internet security suite

Kaspersky or Eset

Most stealers/rats are fud. Even if they get detected, you just need to change the string.

It's fine, FS has bad support, I wouldn't expect them to recover my acc anyway. :))

Hi all. I'm using Fileserve and I was thinking about remote upload...if some1 mirrors my links into megaupload for example...I gain money from that? It may be counted like a download...but from another host in remote works? Thx

Oh dangit, I got goosebumps, for a moment I cannot login, it said wrong password, twice!!!
Now I can login again, phew, time to change my password again

^ a little earlier i closed my browser. i was logged in on fileserve before and chose to "remember me". when i opened my browser again i was logged out. thought i was hacked, then i entered my details and successfully logged in again. first time this has happened to me.

ps. i just changed my pass yesterday.

Oh dangit, I got goosebumps, for a moment I cannot login, it said wrong password, twice!!!
Now I can login again, phew, time to change my password again

^ a little earlier i closed my browser. i was logged in on fileserve before and chose to "remember me". when i opened my browser again i was logged out. thought i was hacked, then i entered my details and successfully logged in again. first time this has happened to me.

ps. i just changed my pass yesterday.

Same here!

Sorry but we updated our cookies so now no one can tap into others accounts and fondle with it :) - So you fix yourself.

It means if you have changed your IP since last login, you need to login again, and that's how it is going to be from now on. We're tired of morons who get their cookies stolen and letting them out to dry like we're running a joke-service.

Relogin and you will be fine, if you can't live with it, find a way to live with it.

Just make Lastpass remember your password and let it autologin. So whenever you are logged out, it'll log you in automatically. Simple.

I appreciate what ricky is doing here, the cookie thing is getting ridiculous. If you want to download something as premium users BUY AN ACCOUNT it doesn't cost a thousand dollars.

No stats look fine so far :)

And everyone needs to relogin again for the new cookie.

Watch how the cookie-sharers will rip their hair-roots out due to this update. Oh well, back to hacking accounts again for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back