Votes: 23 14.4%
  • SlingFile*

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 38 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rent a server! It might be more expensive but there is almost 0 chance your files will be lost.

Filehosts these days launch and die the next day, it's not worth it.

I don't care how much it cost, I want my visitors to be able to get files they want. If they get "file not found", they get very frustrated, so I am tired of re-uploading/re-uploading/re-uploading, what we need is a reliable solution more then a cheap solution.
Evenmore, you lose so many visitors while your files are down, and you lose visitors TRUST, which is THE most important thing.
So, I definitely would give 50$ a month in a service which works, is reliable not 1 year, but 5-10-20 years. That way I can replace my files daily, and visitors wouldn't even feel any disturbance, not to mention that more people will renew their accounts.

I've been doing this since Filesonic, I make 300-400$/month, and I cuold easily get to a 1000$ just if I could replace/upload files more easily with some VPS or so. Right now I have ext. 2TB HDD and I upload my files from local university(10-12 MB/s), which is pain in the S, I can't get internet with good upload speed because I live in Serbia, and I have to find a back up plan, because Novafile deleted my files every day!
From what I've read, it seams that hotfile and 1fichtier are the best, but, who knows what will happen in 1-2 years, I mean, it's just becoming so frustrating, for me, and for my visitors...:139:

Rent a server! It might be more expensive but there is almost 0 chance your files will be lost.

Filehosts these days launch and die the next day, it's not worth it.

Hi broadcast, i should have explained more correctly not all work files will be shared, so efffectively a backup host that allows sharing (with some files) would be ideal ive extensively checked the post u posted around the time rapidhsare went down, as i did this one, as you aware that post is from april and last post was in april, theres been a lot of changes eg filefactory is now 1tb space etc, rapidgator has changed, virtually every one of them have changed regarding unlimited storarge and if the files are inactive they get deleted, hotfile seem to be the only one left, and maybe 1fincher, problem is hotfile just lost a massive court case a few days ago and im concered there going to shut down regards
dmca isnt an issue as no dmca files or movies/copyright files are stored on my account, however it will be shared with around 30-50 collegues/members of our site
you are looking for a filehost for sharing not for backup host...........have a look on this topic http://www.wjunction.com/102-file-host-discussion/168783-filehosts-general-overview.htmlthere are many options for your requirements but not many for backup. have a look on MEGA, RapidGator, FileFactory, filecloud, FreakShare, uploaded and ryushare. You may keep hotfile as 2nd choice. There is no real problem hotfile responds officially to any proper dmca report, and the company performs all legal operations.

Last edited:
Just get a dedicated server the files will never go down, and you'll have either a 100mbps speed or 1gbps speed to share with the 30-50 people.

Unless you have your HDD in a RAID you might loose your files in case of critical hardware failure even with a dedicated server.
How much space do you need?

Hetzner offers 21 TB (if you dont use RAID) for 185$ /month and a setup fee of 265$.
That should cover any amount of warez you would ever store.

Unless you have your HDD in a RAID you might loose your files in case of critical hardware failure even with a dedicated server.
How much space do you need?

Hetzner offers 21 TB (if you dont use RAID) for 185$ /month and a setup fee of 265$.
That should cover any amount of warez you would ever store.

It may seem expensive but if you have 50 people willing to split the cost its only $3.70/month and $5.30 for the start up cost per person.

@blkhtr007, i think its the cost at the moment bro, but we may have to go that way id say we have 4-6 tb of files, incidentally that will be ideal, but if our files get shared out that would cause issues, unless the bandwith is unlimited

@tyon, thanks bro, that sound ideal its not actually warez, that why weve never had any issues using cyberlockers with dmca's etc and files being took down,

we produce dj edits of tracks and remixes etc so it a case that theres is no or very little copyright involved.

do hetzner offer any cheaper deals and can you implement a system on a server, were you can allow only specific ip's to download the files? so are files dont get shared for unathorised users/members??thanks again tyon

Last edited:
The idea of splitting is not bad.
I wonder how much make those who use 10TB, I have 1.5 TB online and have 400$/month(my record) :)

How hard is to actually create one's one file hosting from which users will buy premium accounts?
It will be exclusively for visitors of my site(for example), let's say I need 15TB of monthly transfer, 20GB per month for premium users to download, price will be 15$/month. I will double my money basically, pay something for the server(50-100$), and what is most important, files will never get deleted? No reuploads, nothing. Maybe DMCA complaints might be the problemm but I will simply remove links and in a week generate new ones...

How feasible is that?

Would Bitshare be good as a backup file host? It has 10Tb storage, files last forever, and daily download limit is 155GB. Their 730 days premium plan for $99 seems pretty decent.

Would Bitshare be good as a backup file host? It has 10Tb storage, files last forever, and daily download limit is 155GB. Their 730 days premium plan for $99 seems pretty decent.

People say here that BS delete files 90 days after last download with Premium. But FS do not delete what I know...

Bitshare and freakshare are same owners and both are lying about keeping files forever for premium.

Both deletes after 90 days of inactivity.

The problem is also that they count only 1 time/IP/24 hours.
So if somebody downloads several files, it won't be counted.

Unless you really have a shitload of downloaders, you will end up with counts on part1 and the rest won't be counted and will start to be automatically deleted first leaving incomplete sets of files.

This is why I had to stop using both bitshare and freakshare.

Bitshare and freakshare are same owners and both are lying about keeping files forever for premium.

Both deletes after 90 days of inactivity.

The problem is also that they count only 1 time/IP/24 hours.
So if somebody downloads several files, it won't be counted.

Unless you really have a shitload of downloaders, you will end up with counts on part1 and the rest won't be counted and will start to be automatically deleted first leaving incomplete sets of files.

This is why I had to stop using both bitshare and freakshare.

I tried for a time ago if FS delete files for premium and my files was not deleted and was not shared either. But if they changed this more recently (which is possible), you may also be right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back