• SlingFile*

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 38 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedossetup

Since RS has limit the storage for the users, many users may move to another file host. I collected some info, and wonder if you move; where? Enjoy and ask if any question. If you know another host, your welcome to share it! Note that I cannot guarantee anything regarding to the hosts below.

FileFactory
Storage: 1 TB
Max. file size: 2000MB
File removal: Never
Desktop program: Yes
Download traffic: Unlimited
Other: no adult allowed there

1Fichier
Storage: Unlimited
Max. file size: 20 GB
Desktop program: No
Other: Heard that files randomly disappear

SpeedyShare*
Max. file size: Unlimited
Other: No RU or FTP

Uptobox
Max. file size: 15 GB
Other: Still in beta, XFS

FreakShare
Storage: 10 TB
Max. file size: 2GB
Download traffic: 50 GB/day
Other: Limited download quota

HotFile
Max. file size: 2000 MB
Download traffic: Unlimited (speed limit after 100GB/day)
Other: -

[STRIKE]SlingFile*[/STRIKE]
Removed, because it seems that they do not allow backups.

Added later(choose "Other" in the poll):

OpenDrive*
Other: Limited download quota

MegaShares*
Max. file size: 1.5 GB
Other: No RU, only 1 month premium

Filecloud.io
Storage: 1TB
Max. file size: ???
Other: no adult allowed there

What do you think about the hosts? Please comment.

*File host accept PayPal as payment method
Rules apply on premium accounts only.

Thanks to
broadcast, quakeon, SeeingMole and other who help to complete the list! (PM me if I forgot your name)

Last edited:
306 comments
I'm also looking for a filehost for backup and thanks for the useful information on this thread. Currently I'm choosing between hotfile and megashares, any thoughts about this two?

this is most important thing nowadays rather than posting.....or sales or earnings

you may remove slingfile.don't think they can offer what users needed for backup. (might be wrong also)

add to above list opendrive (hotfile added already :) )

rest of above list looks "safe"

was thinking of creating similar topic but since RapidShare f#ckd us no time for topic :) as need to transfer files the last 6days so not enough time.

Last edited:
Ehy broadcast, are you sure that open drive can give us REAL unlimited storage? Look this page: https://www.opendrive.com/pricing-more and let me know what do you think about ;)

correct ;)

marketing trick

https://www.opendrive.com/pricing (unlimited)

but when u click on more-options

https://www.opendrive.com/pricing-more (limited)

was going to contact them (right now with a ticket) about the unlimited but found it after some mins......

they offer more than 500 gb (custom plan) but price is not reasonable.......for the regular user

------------------------------------------------------------

well,

thedossetup covered everything with some users help.

filefactory, 1ficher looks the most reasonable choices with uptobox and hotfile second. (all with premium)

FreakShare is little more expensive as we need premium only on all above and FreakShare has md5 ID blacklisted so some files will not get transferred. (freakshare supports rapidshare transfer)

Last edited:
Yes, it's very difficult find a service with unlimited storage and good price :(

In my opinion also filefactory is a waste of time, I used it for 6 months (as premium user), 6 TB on my account but when I tried to download...surprise...3 TB were in servers under repair and they said me that I have to reupload again :facepalm:

@broadcast: check your pm ;)

Last edited:

to avoid confusion and correct things

the first link is unlimited (storage) 9.99 per month and 99.99 per year for one (1) account user and hotlinking

the 2nd link is office plan and has limited storage (500gb) for three (3) accounts

that's what they replied to infiniteforever and myself also via tickets

The $99 per year plan on the /pricing page is for the Personal Unlimited account. With that account, you get unlimited storage and unrestricted connection speeds. This is a personal account, however, which does not include some of the business functions such as host mapping and company branding.

The $150 per year plan on the /pricing-more page, which is the office plan, is a Business plan. It costs more, even though storage is limited to 500GB, because of the business features available. The comparable plan to this,which features unlimited storage, is the Unlimited Business plan, which is $299 per year.

for thedossetup update topic :)

Opendrive
Desktop program: Yes (Opendrive application or via browser)
File removal: Never when premium account
Other: 9.99/month -- 99.99/year

Last edited:
Fileserve
Max. file size: 2 GB
Other: FTP,RU + RU from RS works
Only you can download own files,no share with others

Filepost
Max. file size: 5 GB
Other: FTP,RU + RU from RS works ( accept files with spaces in name )

These 2 hosts also can be good option.
I will try move my rs files to fileserve.
Fileserve now is only for backup.
Can't share files with others.

opendrive rejected from what wanted

if others have fast connection speed they may use it for backup service but for remote/fetching is impossible for files above 100 MB

Mar 15 12:08 pm (EDT):Hello,

Unfortunately, the limit on file size for fetching is 100 MB, regardless of the account type. If you can fetch the files from the other file hosts, you should be able to download them directly as well. If you do this, you can upload the files from your computer via the drive application. Once the files are uploaded to your account, you can remove them from the computer as long as you do not have a sync task configured for them. To upload the files, you can use a backup task or upload them manually. With backup, rather than sync, you can safely remove the files without them being removed in OpenDrive.

If you have any questions or if you need any assistance. We will be happy to help.

@forlan fileserve has only 1 monthly price option and has not the ability to transfer files from fileserve to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back