Facebook will die in the next few years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The traffic on FB will surely die out, because its really just another fad. But the site its self will be around for a long time. Look at myspace as an example, traffic wise, it plummeted. But its still around, same with sites like Hi5, Orkut, Multiply, FaceTheJury, ect..

I presume that as nobody on here is a businessman - and I mean a real one (running a hosting business or anything like that doesn't count) you won't understand the decision making behind some of his moves - clearly there's an end goal as with everything which he's trying to reach. So whatever you see as pointless acquisitions, I'm sure there's something behind it. I doubt he's buying run down companies for 'teh lulz'.

Facebook won't die - whilst there's a demand for advertising, they'll be fine. A company that employs over 3,500 people and has 900 million active users (out of that 41% of the US), that's a lot to loose in just a few years hah.

P.S PrimeOutsourcing, that's a lot of women at your company - I guess it's good if there's a quiet spell, you can send them out to work..... hah ohhhh why can't I help myself.

Last edited:
... with a whimper

Facebook ... a wonderful site where egotists can post every ten minutes about the incredibly important nothingness of their lives.:facepalm:

I actually have an account - unfortunately. It was necessary when too many organizations went from webpages to F_FB accounts.

The thrill of constantly getting requests from folks I don't even know [nor would care to if I did] to friend them fills my days with joy.

Face book dying? It can't happen too soon for me.

i had accounts on almost all the social networks, from hi5 to myspace, and orkut to fb and g+,twitter , they all will die,and for good.
MAYANs prophecized that the world will end in 2012, and FB have thrice more people than the world had at the time of Mayans. :P

I am so bored of social networks.

Facebook testing online banking :facepalm:
who sane enough would do their banking
via facebook with all privacy issues around FB

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHnloNE9FIc[/ame]

I think if a company want to survive they had to be creative all the time, Apple had this vision and that is why they are always at the top in 21st century.
Facebook timeline isn't helping their IPO and that's a signal of a stagnancy.

If FB want to continue to grow up i think they need to elaborate more in developing mobile application with Major B2B players, cause the era now is mobile era.

Moreover i think that if they could as creative as Google which developing lots of applications, they will exist until the 22nd century.

Cheers,

xeniux

What do you think Facebook has to do to survive in a world dominated by mobiles and tablets? Can it survive without a Mobile OS, Browser or it's own phone?

It will survive so long as it can retain its 900M active users. As long as your brother, sister, parents, cousins, friends from high school, colleagues, etc are active on Facebook, it's not going anywhere.

You're over-thinking this whole thing. Facebook's popularity has nothing to do with it having its own OS, browser, phone or any other unnecessary additions. Having those would be nice but it isn't something that can make or break its popularity.

Also keep in mind that Facebook can still grow. I think you're forgetting that China (the country with 1B+ people!) has Facebook blocked. Bottom line, I doubt any social network will pop up and kill Facebook off (well not in the next few years at least).

It will die eventually. A few years ago MySpace seemed like the "it" site and look at them now. FB disregards its users all the time, eventually another site will come with better care and FB will become old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back