Facebook will be the next Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.
49 comments
I think Facebook won´t be able to dominate google or be same like it..Like the others say.. Google and facebook are two different things. There are leaving users daily from facebook, so i think in future ther won´t be facebook..or will happen the same to facebook then to myspace some years ago.

I think there is more chance that Google will be the next Facebook

I think there is more chance that Google will be the next Facebook.

Facebook is not a search engine for general content. They are not really battling Google on that stage. On the other hand, Google is attempting to step partially into Facebook’s territory with Google+, YouTube, Picasa, and other social media tools.

Facebook is in slightly more risky position since teens tend to switch social media sites at an alarming pace and then adults follow along. Google keeps spreading itself into wider ventures, but always with the core concept of data is king. Do not be shocked if in a few years Google either buys Facebook or the two companies merge. Assuming regulators would approve that deal.

LOL you must be kidding ?

Facebook is alive because there is no new and good social networking website.
you will say about G+ but its like facebook so there is no reason to use that by leaving facebook.

you can say facebook can die. but no one can even think about google can die :)

LOL you must be kidding ?

Facebook is alive because there is no new and good social networking website.
you will say about G+ but its like facebook so there is no reason to use that by leaving facebook.

you can say facebook can die. but no one can even think about google can die :)

Nobody wants compete with Facebook, if new social network comes, they would probably die cuz they won't have enough funds run it. They owning instagram make them even a bigger network.

@Suhel

Funds ? do you know when FB was started what was the cost ?
Bro if a Great Thing come they dont get problem of funding.
there are many sponsors who can help they like concept,

Same thing Happened to Facebook.

And Still I Agree With You. Fund is Everything :)

Facebook will find a time that it becomes obsolete, the same way MySpace, and even things like Windows Live Messenger & AOL also did.

Teenagers (the original Facebook market) are using it less and less nowadays for example. Facebook may have years left, but it's not immune from the inevitable everchanging trends.

Comparing Google and Facebook is also a pointless feat. Google is a company that diversifies itself with many different products operating under one brand. Facebook is a social media platform, that although may own other companies, is focused on its primary goals.

Facebook will find a time that it becomes obsolete, the same way MySpace, and even things like Windows Live Messenger & AOL also did.

Teenagers (the original Facebook market) are using it less and less nowadays for example. Facebook may have years left, but it's not immune from the inevitable everchanging trends.

Comparing Google and Facebook is also a pointless feat. Google is a company that diversifies itself with many different products operating under one brand. Facebook is a social media platform, that although may own other companies, is focused on its primary goals.

Mistaken, sure there not Google but they do have many small companies Facebook | CrunchBase Profile, this is what Myspace did not do. Anyone heard of Kodak? The company did not move forward but instead used old photo method neglecting the digital market ended with them dying. The point of business is moving with technology, that FB is doing.

Edit: People who say FB will die 5 years are mistaken and needs to get there facts right...

@Host DZire - Would you invest in a company that will compete with FB? If you won't do it, than how can you guarantee someone else will?

On a funny note, you see what Google is doing? They have made it so, you need a G+ account to comment on a Youtube video. This is because G+ sucks!

Last edited:
It may not be in the next year, five years, or even fifteen years.. but to claim Facebook will be around for essentially an eternity ("nothing will overtake it") is absurd.

Facebook has overhead cost issues. FB is currently expanding in markets that make very little revenue per user, while still maintaining the same cost to provide the service. I predict things will get a little messy when it comes to maximizing advertising to satisfy their shareholders, especially with the record high share prices. But I digress.. I don't know how or when Facebook will become obsolete, but as is everything in life, it will happen. eventually

Suhel said:
Mistaken, sure there not Google but they do have many small companies Facebook | CrunchBase Profile, this is what Myspace did not do.
Please, re-read what I said. They may own other companies, but these are not branded under the Facebook name. People only consider they are using Facebook when they are using Facebook.com, where as when people utilize Google's services, there's many things, from the search engine, to maps, to email, etc. G+ is garbage, that's just what it is.

It may not be in the next year, five years, or even fifteen years.. but to claim Facebook will be around for essentially an eternity ("nothing will overtake it") is absurd.

Facebook has overhead cost issues. FB is currently expanding in markets that make very little revenue per user, while still maintaining the same cost to provide the service. I predict things will get a little messy when it comes to maximizing advertising to satisfy their shareholders, especially with the record high share prices. But I digress.. I don't know how or when Facebook will become obsolete, but as is everything in life, it will happen. eventually

Suhel said:
Mistaken, sure there not Google but they do have many small companies Facebook | CrunchBase Profile, this is what Myspace did not do.
Please, re-read what I said. They may own other companies, but these are not branded under the Facebook name. People only consider they are using Facebook when they are using Facebook.com, where as when people utilize Google's services, there's many things, from the search engine, to maps, to email, etc. G+ is garbage, that's just what it is.

I never said Facebook will never die, please find me the post where I said that. I said FB won't die in the next 5 years.

lol it effects their stock price on what they invest in aka owned by Facebook. Let's say facebook.com dies but it does not mean that Facebook Inc is dead..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back