Skip to content
WJunction - Webmaster Forum

DP Forum New Rules Are Way To Strict

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some of you here post over at the DP forum have you noticed the new rules wow they are really strict. The new 3 likes rule to post in about half of the forum is asking way to much come on. The only members that can give out likes now have over 3 likes and they only members getting likes already have enough likes :thumbdown:. The admin has already stated he wants the members to post a lot more or buy a premium. Asking Forum members to post a lot or get a premium is to much most people do not have 2 to 4 hrs a day to spend on a forum.



Traffic has dropped by 1/3 in a week looks like the new rule is not working time to revert back to the old rule. I have been a member for 4 1/2 yrs and 750 post I do not have 3 likes I am done with DP. I want to know what everyone here thinks about the new over DP
 

11 comments

lol where to start

- looking at alexa and saying traffic dropped. for fuck sakes...alexa said my traffic droped on a site yesterday when I had 20k extra visitors. stop being a noob lol
- you're not leaving. you have said you're leaving WJ, imgchilli, and countless other sites a million times. nobody gets lucky enough to see you walk away
- you've been there 4.5 years and haven't got any likes...you sound like a great excellent member there as well
- a rule on likes would have very little to do with a traffic drop
 
I know some of you here post over at the DP forum have you noticed the new rules wow they are really strict. The new 3 likes rule to post in about half of the forum is asking way to much come on. The only members that can give out likes now have over 3 likes and they only members getting likes already have enough likes :thumbdown:. The admin has already stated he wants the members to post a lot more or buy a premium. Asking Forum members to post a lot or get a premium is to much most people do not have 2 to 4 hrs a day to spend on a forum.



Traffic has dropped by 1/3 in a week looks like the new rule is not working time to revert back to the old rule. I have been a member for 4 1/2 yrs and 750 post I do not have 3 likes I am done with DP. I want to know what everyone here thinks about the new over DP


[hmmm] that rule isn't bad at ALL. It prevents spammers from taking over (since you have to post something usefull, and not one word "thanks" or similar crap)
You can get 3 likes easily with one decent post, and that's all what it takes. They are forcing members to contribute, in exchange to benefits. Not bad.


- you're not leaving. you have said you're leaving WJ, imgchilli, and countless other sites a million times. nobody gets lucky enough to see you walk away

Jesse, please practice tolerance more, you almost got it :)
 
Go over to DP a lot of members hate the new rule a lot of these members have 500+ post and been a member a min of 2yrs. Likes are one of the most worthless things on a forum
 
wow... I just checked out DP and I last posted back in 2011. Had to reset my password as it's so long and they had advert banners in the forgot password email they send out. That's not encouraging you to return when you get not one but two adverts with a link to reset your password.

What's the deal with the hashed IP address? What's the point of that? Random post screenshot

7Tr0JLr.png
 
Probably a security level. If their DB gets leaked anyhow, all IPs are hashed.
But ads on forgotten passwords EMAIL, that's just ridiculous... [pokerface]
 
wow... I just checked out DP and I last posted back in 2011. Had to reset my password as it's so long and they had advert banners in the forgot password email they send out. That's not encouraging you to return when you get not one but two adverts with a link to reset your password.

What's the deal with the hashed IP address? What's the point of that? Random post screenshot

7Tr0JLr.png

It's a way to compare two members. If it matches, you spotted a dupe. You get it by clicking ip on a users post

Go over to DP a lot of members hate the new rule a lot of these members have 500+ post and been a member a min of 2yrs. Likes are one of the most worthless things on a forum
Are you like two different people? one second you're leaving because of it and now it's not a big deal?
 
One more shitty rule: you can't register there with your email, you need to link your facebook account in order to register.
Those suc*kers banned me without any reason, i logged in and found banned but i don't know why. Lol
 
Good old dp will never come back. i raked in much $$$ by selling stuffs in their market place in 07 - 08 time and then the bad time. All stupid rules and aggressive mods. i have over 2.8k posts, 190+ itraders and three blocks of reps which i gained mainly in 1 year time. Then i didnt bother to visit much.. though they randomly banned my account lot times by diggin up my old posts buried in depth..shawn is a.h
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

About the author

D
Active Member · Joined
I am 46 I run a adult Mybb forum Sexybabess and I run Phat beats Radio a internet radio station for info on my sites...
3,990
Messages
571
Reactions
113
Points

Advertise on WJunction

Reach 1000's of webmasters, hosts & affiliates. Banner & sponsored-thread slots available.

Contact us
Back
Top Bottom