Do Aged domain names get indexed faster on Search Engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maulin2good

Do Aged domain names get indexed faster on Google?

My friend has a 12 year old domain name. Its a .com and its called extreme science
It has no PR or backlinks. The site has been developed once long time back and it has run for 1 year. After that it has just been lying with the registrar

So do Search Engines Index old domains like this one faster ?
And if yes does it make a huge difference to get traffic to this old domain name compared to say a new one I just registered?

24 comments
Of course domain age matter, reputation as well.

Before buying specific (old) domain, check it's "health"... Generally people go for shitload of blackhat methods, don't knowing a thing and get the domain sandboxed.

If everything was done right, old domains are indeed a nice catch.

Checking backlinks of domain is a good idea. People tend to get those cheap ass comment blasts..yeah, they do help a lot in small period of time if done right but Google will eventually catch those "spam filled" pages and penalize your ass.

eg: Domain with 1000 visitors per day and 2000 backlinks, something doesn't smell right there.

EDIT:
Ok this domain has 1 backlink that is when he put it for sale somewhere.

This domain was used in like 2001-2002 and after that the domain was parked with the registrar . Nothing done after that.

So how can I see if its sandboxed?

Google won't keep it sandboxed forever, it's still a bad thing to have on record though. I cannot go into detail because I'm not sure, you'll have to ask someone who's working in SEO field.

Usually if you go on Google and type in "site: siteurlgoeshere.com" and if you don't get ANY results, not even a main page, it means Google has removed such site - not indexing it - sandboxed.

indexing and rankings both are different matters
and to be honest in case of indexing there is not much differnce.. if u submit ur site.. ping it.. it will get indexed very soon anyway!
rankings it cud be different case though
as smith said having sandboxed on record is bad reason? you loose rankings and secondly sandbox is not forever its for certain time as i observe.. first its only a week or 2 sandbox.. but next its month than couple months and soo on it increase exponentialy type.. so yes if u have been badly sandboxed once.. next sandbox will be worse and easier to get !

my posts gets indexed within maximum of 4 minutes

Bullsh!t

DA won't tell you if it's sandboxed. DA indicates the link profile authority. Sites are sandboxed when they have good authority and Google says "BS you're trying to game the sh!t out of me, off to the corner for you".
I can give you a whole list of high DA domains (50+) that are sandboxed.

Google won't keep it sandboxed forever, it's still a bad thing to have on record though. I cannot go into detail because I'm not sure, you'll have to ask someone who's working in SEO field.

Usually if you go on Google and type in "site: siteurlgoeshere.com" and if you don't get ANY results, not even a main page, it means Google has removed such site - not indexing it - sandboxed.

Also doing info: siteurlhere.com usually indicates whether or not the domain is sandboxed. A good method is just to look at the backlinks. If it has a gazillion backlinks, high domain authority (30+) and is PR0, along with info: siteurlhere.com returning a dud, that would put up a big red flag for me.

EDIT:
Ok this domain has 1 backlink that is when he put it for sale somewhere.

This domain was used in like 2001-2002 and after that the domain was parked with the registrar . Nothing done after that.

So how can I see if its sandboxed?

See above

Bottom line: order a bunch of these http://www.wjunction.com/112-services/153806-power-up-backlinks-boost-your-site-ranking.html and see how fast your site gets a slap from the big G.

It all helps- but domain age alone doesn't guarantee you a faster index rate. It depends on site history, page authority, and number of external links (if any) pointing to the root domain.

So after this thread, I thought to experiment this :p

I bought an aged domain (created on 2007) and it had expired in 2010 and deleted in the same year. It still had Indexed Pages in Google from 2007. But I added few articles on it and it took me longer than the normal time to get the very first post indexed.

I've got my pages indexed in Google of a brand new site within 12 hours, but this site took a week to get the pages indexed as Google used to remove the old indexed pages (there were like 20-25 pages indexed of the old site).

So conclusion:

No ! It doesn't help that much as long as you got pages indexed of the old site.

@BlaZe
That's what a contribution is like , less talk more facts

I think the answer for this question has been answered very well:)

It does index faster than new domains except under some condition where the said old domain was never active all these time period so google sees it of no use & doesnt index it that well

Domain Authority really matters I have a blog it took me 2 days to index it and when I write something in a highly authoritative site like Squidoo it took me only a few hours.

Do Aged domain names get indexed faster on Google?

My friend has a 12 year old domain name. Its a .com and its called extreme science
It has no PR or backlinks. The site has been developed once long time back and it has run for 1 year. After that it has just been lying with the registrar

So do Search Engines Index old domains like this one faster ?
And if yes does it make a huge difference to get traffic to this old domain name compared to say a new one I just registered?

Aged domains can save you months of hard work, giving you a foot up in your niche. You can gain leverage with aged domains as Google gives more confidence in older sites, some can be purchased through Domainka, Namecheap and Godaddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back