DLE Search Cloud Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

DLE Search Cloud Module

For Download: The Datalife Engine Recent Searches / Search Cloud Module
What it does: It records the search activity on your Datalife Engine Site and shows them as recent Searches
What is Required: All you need is a MySQL database and a site that runs using DataLife Engine CMS.
The Price: FREE

Advantages

1. As it records new searches automatically, Whenever a user searches on your site, a new link appears (as good as a new page) in the Recent Searches Section. Google will index this page and more such pages. If 2000 searches record on your site everyday, you get 2000 new pages (excluding the duplicate searches as Duplicate searches are automatically grouped)
2. Great for SEO, as the links are Search engine friendly. You can customize the links as much as you want.
3. Also records the IP address of the user who is searching. This helps you to prevent Spamming of the Recent Searches Section. For example, if a user searches for a keyword that you think is "bad", you can easily identify his IP address, and issue a warning from the admin panel or permanently ban him.
4. No link will yield a 404 error page even though the search results in no results.

Download: http://www.2shared.com/file/12078750/56385fd/recsearchv3.html

Last edited by a moderator:
59 comments
I will add Sitemap creation into my module and I finally succeed to add cache system :)

It will published on Sunday :)

Hmm amazing work John but I think there is a small bug. Try to search anything > View page source and check meta name description and title tag.

For example if you searched for 127 hours. It will look like this:
<title>127&nbsp;hours&nbsp;SITENAME</title>
<meta name="description" content="127&nbsp;hours&nbsp;SITEDESCRIPTION" />

If you check source of any page on fresh wap you will notice it looks normal aka without &nbsp;

Can you somehow fix it, good job dude (y)

New in version 1.3
No &nbsp; problem
Cache System included so mod wont show links immediately after search
I don't have any cache file so I use cache from DLE.
REduce server load
Ability to create XML sitemap (50K latest links only but I will write code for bigger)
Validated sitemap without errors
You have all instructions in readme file

DOWNLOAD

Code:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/222053832/Fulldload.com_Search_with_Sitemap.zip

If you want to upgrade u need to overwrite all new files and need to edit files like I said in new README.txt file...

Ability to create XML sitemap (50K latest links only but I will write code for bigger)

Adding the ability for more entries will defeat the purpose of having a sitemap, since Google only recognizes the first 45-50k links within any sitemap file. The better thing might be to create a sitemap index, and in that index link to other sitemaps.

eg.
SitemapIndex.xml will link to SitemapA.xml, Sitemap1.xml, Sitemap2.xml, Sitemap3.xml ...etc
SitemapA.xml will contain category links, and other internal links you want indexed.
Sitemap1.xml will contain the first 50k download links (0-50,000)
Sitemap2.xml will contain the next 50k download links (50,001-100,000)
Sitemap3.xml will contain the next 50k download links (100,001-150,000)
...etc

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back