Status
Not open for further replies.

Sl!M

Banned
Banned
I have a VPS and was wondering if there is any free DDoS Protection scripts or something that i can install to help with DDoS?

17 comments
How big of a DDoS we talking? If you run XEN, you can better configure the server to resist a DDoS.

As for scripts, look into APF or CSF to act as a software firewall.

Correct, in the standard form the script has some flaws, just review and improve the code before running an it works quite well.

DDoS Deflate does work, it's stopped various attacks in the past on friends servers.
SynDeflate just uses another netstat command which displays SYN_RECV connections instead.

SYNDeflate will lag your system up like hell from a big attack. if you are like me you just setup a FBSD box in front of your main boxes to drop syn floods.

Any firewall or script will lag your box during a big attack. My main problem is small random attacks and I've found CSF firewall and SynDeflate handles them fairly well.

Not everyone has the resources to get another box just for filtering, and the OP was asking for free scripts and software..

SynDeflate ftw. If you don't know how to install scripts/secure your server I would recommend you to ask JmZ or Viz0n for help (obviously you'll have to pay). :)

SynDeflate ftw. If you don't know how to install scripts/secure your server I would recommend you to ask JmZ or Viz0n for help (obviously you'll have to pay). :)

Or me :)

I'm also very expereinced with Linux Servers :)

Can I join your crew Hawk :P

Yeah.. I can't remember if I installed APF or CSF but even still I bet a botnet would wipe me out with enough clients..

hmmm... i wish i could figure out how to DDoS a site, idk if my pc/internet is just too shitty to affect a site or if i am doing it wrong when i try

hmmm... i wish i could figure out how to DDoS a site, idk if my pc/internet is just too shitty to affect a site or if i am doing it wrong when i try

Just stop DDOS..

Usually DDoS come from botnet and "hacker" launch attack from 1/100 000 compromised PC or servers to be able to shutdown a servers.

Did you hate internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back