Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Falcon

The big three top level domain names.

Which do you prefer and why?

Which is better for a warez site?

edit: bah i wanted to add a poll, but my server timed out, can a mod/admin add a poll for the three choices, and a fourth being "Other".

17 comments
if you have a network, as katz -> .net

.com is the most popular one, best one to remembers, a high value one etc etc...

.com, sounds cool as comparing to .org and .net:delighted: as i think.

just try it , say any site name suppose katz.org , u have to spell it ". o r g" but as in .com just ".com" lol it saves ur energy, haha.

Well it all depends on how you look at it. If the domain flows with the .net, then go with the .net, same with the .org, .to, etc. But as all of you have said above .com is usually the best one because it's most common and people will nine times out of ten go to the .com on accident here and there. Either way if you can get your hands on the .com for your anticipated domain it would be appropriate to grab it up along with whatever domain you are choosing.

I prefer .net, but I never go with a .net unless I can get the .com with it to forward to the .net, as many of the older folk ALWAYS use .com no matter what it actually is, really annoying.

Yea thats the thing. I personally LOVE the way .net sounds, doesn't matter what kind of domain name you have. .com is just so "simple," but it is the king domain. and for .org, i just don't like it at all lol.

Usually its:
.com = communications
.net = network
.org = organization

rule of thumb back in the "day"

But then again i'm looking at buying all 3 TLD's at once for a specific domain im looking at. So it won't matter ;p

Domainers said that ranks of domains are :

1.com
2.net
3.org
4.info / .tv / .us / .mobi
5.Biz / .WS / .cc / .cn / .de / .co.uk / .eu

if i could I always chose a .com domains...

Com, Net, Org

I was recently thinking about this, according to wikipedia .com and .net are owned by VeriSign COM NET and i think the dns updated in max 6 hours. However for some reason every warez site likes .org. Warez-bb.org, Forumw.org, Projectw.org, and a site im an editor on, goleech.org (they just changed) also apparently they dont sue you if you have .org.

AGM

im very sure there are technical legal issues between each domain
also there are some things about the dns and how long they take to
resolve / propogate.
im not sure that the legal issues are but it may be worth going to find out

Doesn't really matter what type of domain you have, DNS resolves the same.

also using ZoneEdit i found recently does dns very fast (almost real-time) good for nameservers.

I prefer com because all visitors know it. If visitor remmember site name like yahoo he next time will go to yahoo.com not to yahoo.net. Right :)? So only for visitors and only in anotother point is rating in google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back