[C#/WPF] Project OMS (Online Music Streamer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few potential bugs fixed and some GUI changes.

2yo304j.png

Download (260 kbyte):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QJVECCNT

I'll upload the updated source code as soon as I finished skinning all controls to the Apple-ish look and adding a few new futures. What do you guys think of the search results style :unsure:?

Hyperz:

Hyperz can you some how read the ID3 tags of the MP3 instead of the title provided by the search engine results?

And be able to use the real Artist/Composer over the Title ?

Hyperz:

Hyperz can you some how read the ID3 tags of the MP3 instead of the title provided by the search engine results?

And be able to use the real Artist/Composer over the Title ?

No because we don't have the MP3's and thus the ID3 tags. That would require the program to download a chunk of each search result and parse it. That wouldn't be realistic and would cause streaming problems for a lot of people.

I did experiment with it. Where you see the speaker icons in the results now is where I first loaded the album art based on the ID3.

yea what you experimented with is what I was talking about, i would assume you would have to open a file pointer at a certain range and get the data witch could slow down the process, just wondered what you thought!

also onn the MU link i get: The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.

Amazing work mate! :D and nice idea too. :) downloading it now. Btw does it allow downloading of the music files (or at least exporting the direct link or something)?

Already been done hyp ^^ http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Text-editors/DAMN-NFO-Viewer.shtml

Thats why i never bothered. Its actually really good.

Oh I know jay :). I did do some checking before I decided to make it. As the saying goes, only reinvent the wheel if you're gonna end up with a better wheel ;). Not that it's gonna be something special. But I do believe that when I'm done with it people will prefer it over that one or editors like NP++. Simplicity <3. And I basically made it for WJ (it'll be open source so others may learn from it or improve it).

[youtube]Cjs9-Qcrxx8[/youtube]

I thought I posted this before, but apparently not :\
Anyway, the app is great :)
The only issue i have with it is the search function, its not too accurate, I searched I made it Kevin Rudolf and I got no results

It's only as accurate as the search engines it uses. Often putting the search term between quotes helps. "Kevin Rudolf" must not be too well known then.

Edit:
I get results for Kevin Rudolf... Maybe the site was being slow at the time you searched. It sometimes is.

Googles results are far too unreliable when searching for specific file types. And as I said, I get results when searching for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Rudolf <mega popular :P
and yeah i got hits for him but not the actual song?

Just a suggestion, wouldn't it be better to use google to do the searching and limit it to certain file types?

Yeah, I was using Google first in my app. But I found it not reliable as it works very slow because it has to first open the search results i.e. atleast 10-20 pages and will give just 5-10 results.

Not a good idea to use Google.

Ah I see. Btw Hyperz, what exactly was your search term when you searched for it? Hopefully its not just my machine or something?
edit: btw while its searching maybe have like a loading screen? And if no results are found then maybe say no results found? As sometimes i'm confused whether its loading or hasn't found anything?

Anyway, good luck with it, this looks like it could defiantely become a really popular app

[slide]http://cubeupload.com/files/18d755untitled2.png[/slide]

And yes I know many things should be added before it becomes really useful. But I can only work on one thing at a time. Something to show the search progress is planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back