[C#/WPF] Project OMS (Online Music Streamer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperz

Veteran
This is just a little idea that popped up a few days ago. Why should we bother downloading music through RS, Torrents, P2P etc when there are tons of mp3 and FTP search engines out there that can get you direct links? Wouldn't that give use the possibility to stream songs on demand? The obvious answer to that is yes. So Project OMS (Online Music Streamer, for lack of a better name) is meant to put that idea into practice.

I plan to make this fully open source as soon as I get this program done. Yesterday I made simple (working) mock-up to test the idea.

Pic:
2yo304j.png

Download (260 kbyte):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QJVECCNT

73 comments
well, reading it as a stream is essentially downloading it, as you know, so would be nice to also have the choice to save it as well :)

Well yes, every thing you do online involves up/downloading. But you have access to everything from any PC this way. And it saves you a lot of HDD space.

The program posted is as I said a mock-up. The real program would have futures such as playists, extensions, download, etc :).

And can you include a option by which we can play our special collection of music files from ourdomain.com/music folder.

also there are many mp3 sites giving out direct links, search to those specific top listed sites will be a good option to make it quick :)
Nice idea :D

Takes too much time to load the app like Sharpleech takes and too much time to search too. My net is not that slow man. And I guess that when a search result is not found, it displays nothing. It should display search progess and other options in the final release.

It starts in less than a second and finds results in a second here. And again, don't rate this app because this in not the program. This is less then 1.000 lines of code and 45 minutes of work. AKA, a test.

Less than 1000 lines. You're saying as its a piece of cake. Yeah, its that for you but even this small program is very big for me. And I was giving suggestions to improve it.

How about sharing the code of this demo ?

pankaj, you seem to be having a lot of trouble with .net applications. May i ask what anti-virus you are using?

Avast / AVG / Avira = terrible. All three are false-positive heaven and dont even stop real threats. This could well be the root of your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back