Status
Not open for further replies.

Rox

My friend is planning to start an ecommerce website for his business and has sought my help for it.

So, want to know which is the best ecommerce script? If possible, please also mention pros and cons along with your suggestions.

Any replies will be truly appreciated. :)

15 comments
Magento is ment to be one of the best ones to use.

I don't know what its like as i have never run this type of site before,but a few people i know use it.

As far as i know there is a free version,but its mostly a paid one,reason you get what you pay for hence being good!!

http://www.magentocommerce.com/

It has a large user base and alot of addons for it.

Opencart is a free script, has lots of add-ons (plus extra paid ones!), easy to customize, has tons of templates that are also free to customize and the back-end management side is very easy to use!. Like all ecommerce scripts, it takes quite a bit of setting up with your own products ... i.e. images, descriptions etc, but once they are saved on your server it is very straight forward.
I have also used ShopperPress... a WordPress plugin that offers a multitude of different shops.. from clothing to jewellery to watches to cars to furniture and tons more... although this is a paid app. Very good though. I wouldnt go for Zencart as this is limited in its design, Tomatocart is ok but again doesnt offer many templates that you can customize.... Its a long learning curve with ecommerce but worth it in the end! :) Hope that helps Rox. :)

os commerce one of the best free scripts available ...a wide range of template are availble
it has everything you just need to make it the way you want

OpenCart is horrible IMO. Doesn't come with enough features....

I love drag and drop product placement, I love easy updating of my prices and sku's and product information.

OpenCart doesn't offer any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back