Ask Smith! (Fitness, Bodybuilding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I started training about a year ago, I was at 162 pounds, in a month I lost 4 pounds, then went to 170 pounds, but I now I am stuck at 178 pounds for over 3 months and I don't know what to do to get bigger, it's like I'm stuck on a level right now and it really puts me down.. What do I have to eat? A lot of meat per day? Eggs? I'm only taking protein shakes (40g/shake) when I train (4-5 times per week). Should I take shakes everyday?

Thank you :) If you want a picture of how I look at the moment feel free to ask me if it can help you to answer my questions :)

I recently started with 30 minutes per day on an elliptical trainer..
I drink 1.5-2 liters of water a day, nothing else.. so I guess that okay? :P
But I want to lose 5kg, is it possible with 30 minutes elliptical? B-)

For the rest, I am always on the computer.. yep, interesting life, I know... 8-)

Mate my weight is 55 KG and height 6 feet, I am very underweight. Want to grow some muscles and increase weight to 65 kg if possible. Can you suggest some beginner exercises ? Don't have a gym near by but have a barbell in home :)

Okay so I started training about a year ago, I was at 162 pounds, in a month I lost 4 pounds, then went to 170 pounds, but I now I am stuck at 178 pounds for over 3 months and I don't know what to do to get bigger, it's like I'm stuck on a level right now and it really puts me down.. What do I have to eat? A lot of meat per day? Eggs? I'm only taking protein shakes (40g/shake) when I train (4-5 times per week). Should I take shakes everyday?

Thank you :) If you want a picture of how I look at the moment feel free to ask me if it can help you to answer my questions :)

Yes, correct. Protein is required, without it, nothing will happen. And 40grams of protein shake is not enough. I take around 150gr of protein shakes every day (3x50grams), but you don't need that much, maybe 2x50grams. However, since you train 4-5 times, you need to make sure you eat enough calories.

Picture is not required, if you're interested for 1on1 coaching let me know ;)

I recently started with 30 minutes per day on an elliptical trainer..
I drink 1.5-2 liters of water a day, nothing else.. so I guess that okay? :P
But I want to lose 5kg, is it possible with 30 minutes elliptical? B-)

For the rest, I am always on the computer.. yep, interesting life, I know... 8-)

There are many elliptical machines out there, which one exactly? 30 minutes per day is fine, however if you think you can you can, increase intensity. 2 liters of water is fine, don't forget about diet tho.

For Building Upper chest? can you suggest me some Page so i can view, i cannot find by viewing each and Each

Upper chest. Okay here's one nice routine. Instead starting chest training with Bench press, you are going to start with Incline Bench Press, then regular Bench Press and at end throw in some fly movement. Decline Bench Flyes for example.

Mate my weight is 55 KG and height 6 feet, I am very underweight. Want to grow some muscles and increase weight to 65 kg if possible. Can you suggest some beginner exercises ? Don't have a gym near by but have a barbell in home :)

Check Q&A, I answered that question. Pushups, Squats and Chinups is what you want to do. Buy joining gym is much, much better option. Even if it's not near.

I can't imagine myself into body building... but 6pack abs would be nice :D any tips on food diet & daily light exercise?

I'm not fat nor skinny but I have baby belly fats... I tried jogging before, did not work for me.

I can't imagine myself into body building... but 6pack abs would be nice :D any tips on food diet & daily light exercise?

I'm not fat nor skinny but I have baby belly fats... I tried jogging before, did not work for me.

It does work for everyone. Depends how hard you trained and how was your diet. Because one without another won't work.

If you're not fat nor skinny as you say, that's pretty good, means you will reach your goal before you even think ;)

Morning cardio 30-45 mins on empty stomach would be good, every day. As for diet, avoid sweets, soda, fast food, stick with salads, eat fruit, protein and carb rich food. Read some of previous posts, you can find many good tips there.

whats the best way to maintain body constant weight?
i want to decrease my body weight too
Ofcourse this is Ramadaan season i wld obviously go down.
but i wld like to maintain that droped weight.

Cheers

It does work for everyone. Depends how hard you trained and how was your diet. Because one without another won't work.

If you're not fat nor skinny as you say, that's pretty good, means you will reach your goal before you even think ;)

Morning cardio 30-45 mins on empty stomach would be good, every day. As for diet, avoid sweets, soda, fast food, stick with salads, eat fruit, protein and carb rich food. Read some of previous posts, you can find many good tips there.

Thanks for the advice! I think I'll follow your tips :) I have read the Q&A portion on page one as well, very helpful!

whats the best way to maintain body constant weight?
i want to decrease my body weight too
Ofcourse this is Ramadaan season i wld obviously go down.
but i wld like to maintain that droped weight.

Cheers

It's very simple, don't eat more or less calories than you usually are. You can check nutrition label on food you eat. If you eat 1 day more than another It won't have any effect but if you eat every day 500 calories more, your weight will go up. However, if you eat 500 calories less every day, your weight will drop down.

I'm not sure if you did talk about meals, I would like to consult you about something..

A friend of mine wants to join the Army but unfortunately he's too thin that they rejected him. Well they asked him to increase his weight by 15-20 KG before the next interview (which is very soon). So my question is how could he (my friend) increase his weight quickly and in a healthy way? Is there a specific sort of food could help?

Thanks in advance. :)

I'm not sure if you did talk about meals, I would like to consult you about something..

A friend of mine wants to join the Army but unfortunately he's too thin that they rejected him. Well they asked him to increase his weight by 15-20 KG before the next interview (which is very soon). So my question is how could he (my friend) increase his weight quickly and in a healthy way? Is there a specific sort of food could help?

Thanks in advance. :)

15-20kg, that's a lot of mass. It might be possible, depends when is the deadline, but he has to be aware that 80% of that mass will be fat.

If he want to put on 20 "healthy" kg, It can take up to 3,4 years.

When is the deadline?
Does he care about fat/muscle ratio?

Give me some more info so I can tell you what and how ;)

15-20kg, that's a lot of mass. It might be possible, depends when is the deadline, but he has to be aware that 80% of that mass will be fat.

If he want to put on 20 "healthy" kg, It can take up to 3,4 years.

When is the deadline?
Does he care about fat/muscle ratio?

Give me some more info so I can tell you what and how ;)
- The deadline will be on 21st Aug.
- He doesn't really care about fat or muscle ratio. He only cares about getting accepted in the Military academy. :))

A healthy increment in weight seems to be impossible within few days, in the mean time he refuses to take supplements and such things.

What would you suggest? if there is more info required please ask. Thank you!

Hmm is this a joke? You can't put 20kg of weight in 6 days :S

If he had poor water income with some salted food and shitload of water he just might be able to pack on extra kilo or 2 in 6 days.

He doesn't want to take supplements? Even steroids won't help here.

If deadline was in like 6-10 months then yeah, he could put extra 15kg with a cycle or two.

Hmm is this a joke? You can't put 20kg of weight in 6 days :S

If he had poor water income with some salted food and shitload of water he just might be able to pack on extra kilo or 2 in 6 days.

He doesn't want to take supplements? Even steroids won't help here.

If deadline was in like 6-10 months then yeah, he could put extra 15kg with a cycle or two.
lol right.. it looks like a joke. I was laughing hard when he told me about that. >_< then he has got to look for another opportunity other than the "Military".

Thank you for the advice, Smith. I do appreciate it.

Tell him that he's crazy lol

Where does he live, in a box? :S

If it was so easy to pack few kgs every month without even basic supplements I would had 400kg right now.

Tell him that he's crazy lol

Where does he live, in a box? :S

If it was so easy to pack few kgs every month without even basic supplements I would had 400kg right now.
Nah he's isn't short, he's 1.75 m. and 60 KG. (AFAIK) His weight is supposed to be atleast 70-75 KG, but you can call it 'undernutrition' as he doesn't like salad, meat, vegetables...

Nah he's isn't short, he's 1.75 m. and 60 KG. (AFAIK) His weight is supposed to be atleast 70-75 KG, but you can call it 'undernutrition' as he doesn't like salad, meat, vegetables...

Yeah that's underweight. But, what the hell does he eat then? No meat, no vegetables? :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back