Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not our job to wait for you, it's your job because YOU are the one "providing" the service. There was nothing on the TOC about you paying medicine, therefore it's not our problem. However, I am a bit less raging now that you actually showed up.

Remember, it's because of this "dillusionality" that we lost 2 months worth of backups and forums.

Yes, I would like you to scan your prescription, blur out vital info(ie address or last name or some shit) and write "apirateslife" on it.

I'm sure we've all moved to new hosts and would like refunds, similar to Afta. While I'm sure it sucks that you got sick if you must put it that way, we still can't have that kind of downtime because of it.

Well, first of all I was responding to what JJJ said. Not "raging" or being delusional, simply assuming that these people know more about the situation than myself.

Secondly, I paid for the $9.99 package and received 5 months worth of hosting, so if you do the math, you owe me approximately $49.95 for the final 5 months of service that I'm not getting (I paid for 10 in total I believe), mostly because I am disappointed in your service and have chosen to seek hosting elsewhere.

I am making every effort to remain civil right now, so if that post was directed at me, I'd appreciate it if you returned the favor.

Thanks

Well, my only goal was to attract attention to this thread, and it obviously worked(Not saying it's the reason you came back, but it did bring attention to it).

Obviously the site that I run switched, but regardless, I am happy that you came back, and didn't pack up and run like so many others.

lol... that is why people should pay monthly, or get a REALLY REALLY good host.
Also like he said backup is a really good idea, atleast every week (not trying to defend him or anything)

lol... that is why people should pay monthly, or get a REALLY REALLY good host.
Also like he said backup is a really good idea, atleast every week (not trying to defend him or anything)

Backups are a lot easier to do when cron isn't disabled. We actually took regular backups but for whatever reason the ones we had were incomplete or corrupted. There was no way for us to anticipate downtime such as this because it is not typical of any hosting service that I have ever used. Some downtime is common with all hosts, but constant lasting downtime is unacceptable

On that same note, I received nothing but good reviews about this host when I moved to him, which is why I paid ahead of time. Like I said, the occasional downtime is obviously going to occur, but the downtime I have experienced lately while using hostbeyond is somewhat unheard of.

Once again, I am not trying to trash talk apirateslife and am attempting to remain civil in this thread, so I ask you not to antagonize the situation with comments like that. Truth be told, I give him props for the way he handled his service under normal circumstances and appreciated getting constant email updates regarding the condition of the server.

The incomplete backups were somewhat of a fault on our side, considering the fact that they were PHP-based, but at the time I believe mysqldump was disabled from cron, which has always been my preferred backup style, most consistent, most reliable, and least resource-intensive.

@Above post, Already did.

You know, for future reference, you could always use a chroot and just not include certain binaries.

We're used to taking our own backups. Been doing so for over a year now.

Automated cron backups then clean every now and again.

Another piece of advice, DO NOT become dependent on Caffeine, then. You will be up all night and get headaches all day if you don't drink it.

cup of tea + (assumed amphetamines) = No sleep. I haven't had any caffeine since 5pm and I still have insomnia. I got 4 hours of sleep and even had a pep rally during school in which I blew out my voice. It's much stronger than it appears, lol, especially mixed with Amphetamines(Assumed).

You should avoid sugar though, that's bad news. That's where the blood pressure and blood sugar problems come from. I pretty much stopped drinking and eating sugar and that's helped a bunch.

Caffeine headaches are not fun though.

I wish you good luck with restoring everything bud.
For the people who don't trust this guy,he's a good guy and the only good competition wrzhost ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back