Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldone3pp

The popular file-hosting service Uptobox has blocked access for U.S. users following pressure from Visa and MasterCard. The credit card companies are asking payment processors to stop servicing the cyberlockers over piracy concerns.
-TorrentFreak

After failed attempts to introduce tougher anti-piracy legislation in the United States, Hollywood and the major record labels focused their efforts on strangling revenue of so-called rogue sites.

Payment services are among the key intermediaries and the entertainment industries previously helped negotiate an anti-piracy agreement between VISA, MasterCard, PayPal, PaySafeCard and several other key players.

As a result several major file-hosting services have had trouble accepting payments from their users. The popular cyberlocker Uptobox is among the latest casualties of this effort, TorrentFreak has learned...

More info here
Code:
http://torrentfreak.com/uptobox-bans-americans-after-visa-and-mastercard-pressure-140707/

Hmm geez and I was led to believe that AK was the one shutting down payment processes to filelockers

ZosLk.jpg

ckyGr.jpg

“The next obvious step is to target Mastercard and Visa and embarrass them into applying pressure to the billing companies that support the file lockers. The question I have is, who is really serious about an outcome where file lockers no longer have a place and are forced to shut down because their business model is destroyed?” - AdultKing

Full story here
Code:
http://scrolldog.com/avn-gfy-digital-war/#comment-11078

5 comments
Uptobox will be dead in 6 months they will lose 40% to 60% of there hits (finger) What they could have done is still allowed people from the US just not allow them to buy a premium account

Uptobox will be dead in 6 months they will lose 40% to 60% of there hits (finger) What they could have done is still allowed people from the US just not allow them to buy a premium account
lol, please use alexa next time. US don't represent 1% of their traffic.

uptobox.com Site Overview

they need a offshore payment gateway.

#Unfortunately piracy will always exist because internet is piracy himself google images, youtube, facebook, twitter, search engines are full of piracy. Every video, letter or image has an author.

Uptobox have taken a fair decission, every american user, use VPN you could still using/buying accounts, and dont forget to give thanks to government!

I would do the same if i see my balance accounts frozen by MPAA footmans

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back