Status
Not open for further replies.

DLow

Banned
Banned
First of let me say, There is not a total loss

Only VPS Clientele of Servedome was effected. About 35 Minutes ago i was given a Official statement from Zhang CEO of Servedome Internet Services.

Dear customer,
We are very sorry to inform you that there was a security breach in our core systems which has caused major destruction of data on our Linux VPS services.

We are currently in the process of re-building our node systems and steps have been taken to prevent this issue from occuring in the future.

Customers who plan to cancel and need a refund are instructed to open a support ticket in the billing department or send an e-mail to billing@servedome.com with the subject 'Refund request'.

We will be offering a service credit of 2 months to customers who wish to continue their services. For this you need to open a support ticket in the 'Technical Support' department or send an email to support@servedome.com with the subject 'Linux VPS - Service continuation'.

Our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused you and we will keep you updated regarding the rebuild progress.

Best regards,

Alvan Zhang
CEO
ServeDome Internet Services

E-mail: zhang@servedome.com
Fax: (+65) 6333 4636
With that being said, Servedome was not "Hacked" a better term for the Situation is "Compromised"

I can not release any details about the situation accept the fact it was not a 0 day exploit. As Jason a programmer over at SolusVM released his statement yesterday after Krunix ;) Stated that it was.

http://www.wjunction.com/showpost.php?p=631513

Whom i still wonder who that Informant/Inside is that Krunix mentioned.....

Who knows :(

Another thing that was mentioned is that Whmcs was hacked, Let me make this clear it was not.
If it would have been compromised then everything would be gone ;)

The main thing how ever is Servedome will go on and stay strong.
Yes it did take very long to get a positive answer, But you have to realize the massive amount of Data that was lost. And the massive amounts of clients. IMO it in general is a very big mess but at least Servedome is working twards correcting the wrongs instead of running.

As FYI %99 of all host here on WJunction do 8-)

"A lot of you guys know who i am, Yes i am the owner of WebDen.org a USA Based hosting company.
And yes i do work for Servedome as a lower end tech for basic support.

I'd like to apologize my self as i did not have information any sooner than you guys did."

Now in my own opinion, i honestly believe some one here on WJunction is behind the planning of all of this due to Competition in the hosting industry IMO.

Servedome will Continue with Zhang, Abhishek, and my self along with a few others. To insure once agian only the highest in Offshore hosting service.

Imo its pretty sad that all of this happened right before our new service line which has now been delayed

99 comments
Well, who could it possibly be ?

Its useless to point fingers at anyone with having any solid proofs. If the technicians over ServeDome can get into the root cause of the breach, they could possible trace the last login IP and get into the matter with more substantial stronghold.

I'm glad the ServeDome made a rapid recovery of this major downtime. Its the #2 hosting company on WJ after WRZHost.com, in terms of reputation & clientele.

This also made the company realize to be more cautious in the future. They could not plot some tasks and carry out tight security on the server to prevent it from being compromised once again.

Good luck & thanks DLow for making this post :)

EDIT :
On a second thought, free advertisment of the host. Now, people who might have never heard of serverdome would come to know that a company named ServeDome exists. Thanks to the guy who did all this. ServeDome's rep has just gone up and the achieved more fame by this action.

Good move :) I will stay with with servedome :)

You always understand me (my credit card problems), you fixed overload of my forum for free...

Now i understand yours problems.

Good luck,
Milan

and also

let me add to this,

Who ever did do this, I pitty them with everything.

A maijority of Virtual-Servers we're sponsered.

DarkHunter, Peanut, Hell i thank you even had one NEC possibly ?

Its very fucking pitful who ever is behind this thats all i have to say.

Luckily legal action will be being taken soon since logs have been recovered.

Was it an inside job? Did they just trip over a wire or accidentally pushed the wrong shiny button?

I mean instead of telling us what didn't happen, just tell us what really happened! That's all we want to know.

Now in my own opinion, i honestly believe some one here on WJunction is behind the planning of all of this due to Competition in the hosting industry IMO.

And you're now speculating just as Krun!x speculated it was Solus. Wtf???

Was it an inside job? Did they just trip over a wire or accidentally pushed the wrong shiny button?

I mean instead of telling us what didn't happen, just tell us what really happened! That's all we want to know.

And you're now speculating just as Krun!x speculated it was Solus. Wtf???
Well, DLow isn't pointing at anyone. He made a general comment, that it could be anyone. It could be me, it could be you, it could be Barack Obama.

The servers are working right now, this is what DLow said, so the clients can get back onto their daily internet life.

You basically want to say you recovered the logs while you wasn't able to recover the customer's data? How comes you can even take a legal action if you aren't a registered company? You do know what tax fraud is, right?

Oh, and please post the IP's. It's not first time you got hacked:
http://www.hackforums.net/archive/index.php/thread-247796.html

qk, servedome is a registered company in Singapore.

wAsFrw.png

@ Krun!x - They are only trying to scare others who may attempt this again . :)

Anyway with the amount of proxy + IP protect tools , it would be a miracle if they can get the culprits unless it was done by one of their clients :D

Just got an email:

Dear customer,

We are very sorry to inform you that there was a security breach in our core systems which has caused major destruction of data on our Linux VPS services, shared hosting in the Germany location and dedicated servers in the Alphen a/d Rijn location .

We are currently in the process of re-building our node systems and steps have been taken to prevent this issue from occuring in the future.

Customers who plan to cancel and need a refund are instructed to open a support ticket in the billing department or send an e-mail to billing@servedome.com with the subject 'Refund request'.

We will be offering a service credit of 2 months to customers who wish to continue their services. For this you need to open a support ticket in the 'Technical Support' department or send an email to support@servedome.com with the subject 'Linux VPS - Service continuation'.

Our sincere apologies for all the inconvenience this may have caused you and we will keep you updated regarding the rebuild progress.

Best regards,

Alvan Zhang
CEO
ServeDome Internet Services

E-mail: zhang@servedome.com
Fax: (+65) 6333 4636

thanks dlow for providing us an update.

"Luckily legal action will be being taken soon since logs have been recovered."

i know who ever did this is reading this :O
lmao they are coming for you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.