Status
Not open for further replies.

snowmanrene

So are there any decent file hosts out there nowadays? Because the ones I see people promoting are simply awful.

I could care less about some inflated affiliates plan that they shave in order to make a bigger profit.

What I need is:
  • A file host that does SD and HD video encoding using mp4 and/or webm containers, not flash (are we in 2002?).
  • A file host who has a half-decent HTML5 player that is not shit.
  • A file host who offers decent speeds for video playback.
  • A file host WITHOUT popups or popunders. (it seems that EVERY host out there fails this basic requirement.)
  • A file host with an API or at least some method for me to be able to upload through a script with curl or even ftp.
  • A file host who will work with me to not have my videos deleted (it's a niche so not like you'll be getting DMCAs for Hollywood movies and shit)

If you have an affiliates program, well that might be an added bonus I guess.
But is there no decent file host out there who fits these requirements?
Why is everyone focused on making a quick buck, provide a reliable service and over time you will bring in the revenue simply because people like your service.

Please if someone knows of a reliable service who fits these requirements.

Last edited:
14 comments
Sounds like you should start your own. You have specific needs and your material is legal. You seem to have a business plan. So best bet would be to do your own.

snowmanrene you high bro ?
You cant find all those things in hosts here on wj or any other host that allows movies as if they allow no popunders then how would they earn as all the good banner networks dont allow copyright infringement sites and the ones that allow pay shit to them so they wont even survive with banners.
I would also suggest what LT and LD suggested u can do that easily just get an opensource script like clipbucket and i think you have good servers of your own so host your videos on your own :)

I already have my own, but I was looking for a secondary host since my servers are located in a specific geographic location, was looking at diversifying distribution if you will without the overhead costs of running something myself.
But as it would seem, I may just need to expand my current model or setup another host altogether maybe.

@Lock Down - I will admit that my content isn't purely legal, it's in a grey area, but you won't have the RIAA or MAFIAA sending DMCA.

@IGdwight - They used to exist, guess not anymore though.

@Lifetalk - I expected the majority of them would be such, but I was hoping, or maybe wishful thinking that I could find a rare gem among them who had the vision of improving the landscape with their service. Glad to see you're still around though, hope you're doing well.

@msk19994 - Frankly, there are ways to make money with a filehost while not using popunders/popups. I'm doing it with my current project and I'm making a fairly decent profit (double our expenses), considering we're still a small outfit. Furthermore users prefer my host simply because we don't bombard them with ads and crappy streams. I think the problem is that most of these new hosts want to make a quick buck instantaneously after launch, this is unrealistic if you want to genuinely grow your business/service/project, and thus they simply plaster ads everywhere.

I've seen a handful of potential services that could evolve into so much more, such as videomega, but those popunders are deal breakers for me.

Guess I'll just have to expand and change up things a bit.
Thanks for all the replies.

Last edited:
snow man, watcha takin??

you are here since 2008 and you cant open your eyes? THERE IS NO PERFECT FILEHOST
no filehost will ever suit everyones needs.

I've been using thefilebay.com for a few months now they are great for hosting videos and files or whatever you have.

I've been uploading videos and embedding them, the rates are good enough for me, they won't suit everyone, but they are good for myself.

I usually embed my videos on various sites and I have to say most of my videos stay up for a very long time and I still have videos from 4 months ago still up and running.

I rarely get one of my files deleted they are very good on dmca and only delete files when very necessary.

They don't encode videos however you could just upload .mp4 like myself and it's amazing.

Their video player is very good and my users that watch my videos say that the video player is good and it doesn't buffer or anything.

This is my experience with thefilebay.com I would recommend it to you.

You could probably get an exclusive deal or whatever if you try contacting the owner, he's been very helpful to me and everything.

- VersaceBoys

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
thefilebay.com does encode videos - just not mp4 videos.

What's the big deal about a popunder? Just close it. Once on a download/stream page isn't a big deal. 2 or more I can see being an issue.

VK.com, Mail.ru video (both russian)
If you want longevity and least copyrighted video streaming sites, choose solid local streaming sites, and avoid the more worldwide ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back